The Application Developer develops business software solutions through object and data modeling, database design, programming, quality assurance, and implementation support.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Work with Lead and Senior Application Developers to understand business needs and clarify requirements.
- Develop applications to CDW coding standards and quality.
- Collaborate with other developers to determine the optimal solution architecture to ensure application efficiency, maintainability, and scalability.
- Develop system test plans, ensure software quality assurance (SQA) standards are achieved, and validate that business goals are accomplished.
- Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management.
- Report project/task status to the appropriate Application Development Manager on a weekly basis (at minimum).
- Ensure stakeholders are responded to in a timely and professional manner. Foster open lines of communication with all parties.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent practical/knowledge or experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of object-oriented design and programming techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in the software development process and creative problem-solving skills.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Working knowledge in all stages of the software development life cycle: requirements gathering, design, development, testing, and implementation.
- Understanding of object-oriented design patterns and concepts; demonstrated experience with applying them to software development.
- Understanding of relational database development and document database development.
- Experience developing documentation for end users.