This role is responsible for professional, technical systems administration and deployments to support CDW applications. This role participates in technical initiative and projects.
The System Engineer - Endpoint is responsible for participating and leading desktop related projects and implementations along with providing consultative support across the enterprise environment. The System Engineer - Endpoint is responsible for the integration, operation, implementation and optimization of CDW’s client computing environment. The System Engineer - Endpoint must have experience with Microsoft Operating systems and SCCM, including the ability to create and manage SCCM collections, queries and web reports.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Evaluate and recommend emerging desktop technologies
- Full end-to-end operational responsibility for client-side production SCCM environment.
- Responsible for packaging software for automated delivery and installation
- Lead support related projects and activities and provide project status updates to IT management.
- Identify and drive remediation of systemic system issues.
- Serve as the technical SME for the support team in resolving escalated incidents related to their support domain.
- Assist in maintaining technical documentation for CDW’s client computing infrastructure.
- Ensure proper patch and Microsoft update levels on client computing hardware and software
- Maintains user documentation.
- Execute and optimize processes to ensure the highest level of efficiency
- Identify environment issues and make recommendations for improvement
- Ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability while supporting, installing, and maintaining all infrastructure and related software
- Manage support cases generated in CDW’s support ticketing system in a timely basis by providing resolution to all stakeholders through open and collaborative communication.
- Carry a company issued smart phone and respond to critical business issues in a timely manner.
- Work afterhours and on weekends as necessary for special installations, implementations, system maintenance and upgrades.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5 years of Information Technology Engineering experience installing/upgrading/managing Windows systems
- Microsoft SMS/SCCM experience
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of application packaging and software distribution in an SCCM infrastructure
- Consistently able to balance multiple priorities and adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication, as well as, organization and documentation skills with the ability to effectively communicate technical information to a non-technical audience
- Proactively collaborate cross-departmentally on projects as well as in team meetings
- Functional knowledge of scripting (PowerShell preferred)
- Ability to work late hours based on business need
- Ability to be on-call if issues should arise
- Strong attention to detail with demonstrated resourcefulness and critical thinking skills
- History of building and maintaining productive cross-departmental working relationships
- Planning problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong demonstrated experience in end-user device technologies, security tools, desktop deployment and annual refresh strategies and utilities related to desktop environment
- Be autonomous in thinking and decision-making ability
- Bachelor degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, a related field or the equivalent working experience