The Finance Process Control team manages technology, process improvement, and/or organization design endeavors needed by the finance organization; collaborates with functional leaders, IT team members, and external people to deliver successful results; evaluates efforts and shares learning’s; coaches and mentors peers and team members on ways to deliver project results.
The Financial Systems Principal leads change through agile methodology – from discovery through delivery - including requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, maintenance and operational aspects of CDW’s Financial systems such as PeopleSoft Financials, Zuora RevPro, EPM (Enterprise Performance Management), and BAMS PSA contract applications. With a diverse systems and/or management background and knowledge of industry IT trends, the Financial Systems Principal builds and develops trusted relationships internally as an advisor across Finance and Operations.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Support business teams through recommendation, scoping, and guidance through completion of systems and business process improvements.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to gather business requirements and work with functional community to provide requested information.
- Lead process/controls improvement efforts primarily within Finance, but also across functions as needed.
- Provide feedback and recommendations on process improvement opportunities, as well as assess the potential impact of changes, sharing overall best practices with Finance.
- Identify and manage opportunities to improve or automate work that will result in more effective, efficient, and accurate finance processes.
- Ensure appropriate support of the Finance team through resolution of requests for assistance—including systems fixes, user training, and/or business process changes.
- Guide and teach Finance practitioners in use of various query tools, reports, and functionality to enable self-service, and to adopt business process, controls, and system functionality/capabilities.
- Support system implementations, enhancements and upgrades. Assist with technical infrastructure issues.
- Maintain adequate internal controls and SOX compliance within the finance organization.
- Serve as a liaison across functions such as Finance, IT, and Services.
- Build relationships with internal and external people to continue to learn and share knowledge
- Define, translate, and document business requirements into solutions through design, development and testing.
- Develop and perform/coordinate coding, testing (quality assurance and user acceptance testing), implementation, and documentation of solutions.
- Mentor and guide coworkers/contractor resources to deliver new capabilities in business applications or remediate issues.
- Measure, monitor, and maintain team’s ability to meet or exceed contact and resolution Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Oversee data validation (data integrity).
- Develop and administer security protocols.
- Participate in cross-functional initiative reviews.
- Develop and deliver training and/or business-focused methodologies to finance team (e.g., functionality, solutions, adoption, coaching, change management).
- Participate in IT PMO and/or organizational excellence teams to continue to learn and contribute ideas, approaches, tactics, and strategies.
- Create artifacts, white papers, decks, articles to share within CDW.
- Stay current with technology.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Finance or Accounting.
- External Candidate: 6 years of data analytics/data management, business analysis, and/or program management experience in technology, process improvement, and/or organization design initiatives along with some general accounting/finance experience.
- Internal Candidate: 5 years of data analytics/data management, business analysis, and/or program management experience in technology, process improvement, and/or organization design initiatives along with some general accounting/finance experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- Proven track record in problem analysis with the ability to creatively and proactively problem solve.
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business, while meeting deadlines.
- Proven project management, planning and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to effectively document processes.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain collaborative working relationships cross- functionally.
- Knowledge of technical tools such as SQL.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing to technical, user personnel, and management.
- Solid interest and aptitude for and experience with critical, complicated analytical work and creative thinking.
- Must be flexible, organized and able to accurately work under time constraints and deadlines.
- Knowledge of financial / accounting terminology, business practices and procedures.
Experience with Hyperion applications, Oracle Peoplesoft, or other all-inclusive ERP.
- General knowledge of US GAAP, 606 Revenue accounting, and International Accounting Standards (IAS) a plus.
- Experience with Agile methodology.