This job posting is no longer active
The Senior Software Performance Test Engineer plays a prominent role in performance testing team, working in a dynamic, fast-paced, agile environment. This role will identify software performance testing needs and drive the development of new performance, baseline, load, stress, and scalability tests both at the integration and system test levels. Accomplishing these various test goals involves: working across teams to gather needed input, defining test cases/plans, building automated test scripts, configuring test environments and infrastructure, developing test data, and executing and reporting on test results in a concise and expressive way.
- Participate in the requirements gathering for software performance testing projects.
- Capable of tailoring existing standards and project/application performance testing plans and procedures based on project’s specific requirements
- Define and document additions or amendments to existing performance test guidelines and standards in coordination with the overall Performance Testing team methodology
- Act as a lead member of a test team in performing test planning, requirements evaluation, test case design and development, test execution, defect management, test results analysis and reporting, as based on project requirements.
- Lead multiple, or larger scale projects, including planning, estimating and prioritizing.
- Analyze requirements and create efficiently designed and planned performance test cases and scenarios
- Scale testing efforts to support aggressive agile-like project timelines.
- Test design and risk analysis
Education and Experience Qualifications
- 5 years of full life cycle Software Quality Assurance process experience (requirements analysis, decomposition, test case design, prioritization and risk analysis, test execution, metric reporting, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience
- 6 years of experience in a software performance engineering and testing role
- 4 years of experience setting up, working with and reporting results using performance monitoring tools
- Expertise in development and implementation of software performance testing frameworks
- Experience with HP LoadRunner and HP Performance Center
- Experience with SiteScope, DynaTrace or Wiley
- Experience with VB, WCF, HTTP and GUI Vusers
- Experience with WCF, WebServices, HTTP, RTE and GUI Vusers protocols of LoadRunner
- Expertise in development and implementation of performance testing frameworks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with project stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Ability to self-motivate, work independently and with minimum supervision.
- Ability to multi-task, work with a sense of urgency and adapt to changing requirement and project directions.
- Understanding of multiple IT technical platforms, and application development methodologies.
- Used HP performance and automation test tools for test planning and management, test execution, defect tracking and stress/load/scalability/performance regression testing
- Proficiency in SQL DB, Perfmon, VMware, MSSQL , IIS, ODBC
- User knowledge of QTP, TFS, VS, IBM I Access, Rumba, Network Monitoring,
- Hands-on experience of enabling connectivity and working with the LoadRunner native monitors.
- Expertise of working with MS SQL server, IIS , Network monitoring, ODBC
- User knowledge of VMware, Outlook, Rumba, AD, Web development, AS-400/iSeries
- Flexibility to work evening and weekend hours for installations, implementations, and upgrades
Job Category: Corporate IT
Job Type: Full-Time