Bring your experience and talents to CDW, where you can have a greater impact, be inspired by our mission, and get excited about your job and future. We are an innovative, Fortune 200 leader driving meaningful technological change for customers in virtually every industry. This is an exceptional opportunity to join a small but mighty team of strategists working in the IT industry today.
Tap into your vast investment activity experience in this rewarding position at CDW where you will lead the development of the framework for the identification, development, and evaluation of mergers and acquisitions (M&A) opportunities along with the execution of due diligence and pre-integration workstreams. You will also lead tracking and reporting on M&A pipeline activity by working with your peers in Corporate Strategy, and a number of internal leaders and stakeholders in other departments.
What you will do:
Use your experience to lead strategy for in-organic investment activity, including mergers and acquisitions and minority investments
- Develop and implement a consistent framework for identifying, developing, and implementing strategic plans
- Identify strengths, weaknesses, and business opportunities and research, evaluate, and propose new opportunities to achieve strategic plans
- Create strong relationships internally and externally to evaluate strategic opportunities, impact on existing practices, and mitigate risks
- Use your strong communication, tracking, and reporting skills to keep your internal and external stakeholders, Board and company leaders apprised on progress and execution
- Execute all due diligence, including financial analysis and business assessments, to determine potential fit of all potential acquisition or partnership targets
- Manage all investment activities with internal stakeholders, prioritizing opportunities and communicating status
What we expect of you:
The creative and analytical problem solver we seek is a strong communicator and influencer with these qualifications.
- 10+ years in increasing experience with a combination of finance, product development, product management, marketing, strategy, and sales in a technology-based industry
- 8+ years of management experience
- M&A transaction experience, including relevant experience in corporate development, private equity, or investment banking
- Excellent quantitative and financial modeling skills
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills with the ability to turn findings into executable business plans
- Proven experience leading cross functional teams to documented results
- Manage multiple projects and priorities, and meet deadlines
Nice to Have
- MBA or other advanced degree from a top tier university with a concentration in management, finance, innovation, new product development, operations management, or marketing
- Previous experience in management consulting, venture capital, investment banking, product management, strategy development, or acquisition roles
- Previous experience at an integrated technology solutions provider, value added reseller, or direct marketing reseller
- Sound financial background with experience in financial analysis, financial planning, operations finance, and corporate finance
Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organizations in Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies; from fresh-faced startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small. A unified team of challenge takers, diverse thinkers, and problem solvers, we believe when you enjoy what you do and who you do it with, you do your best work. And that means everyone wins.
What you can expect from us:
- Award-winning culture and work/life benefits.
- Health, dental and vision coverage, coworker stock purchase program, paid vacation time and sick days, coworker discounts, tuition reimbursement, coworker discounts and other generous perks.
- A learning environment that empowers you to develop your career with comprehensive resources and support, ongoing education and skills-development training, and robust advancement opportunities.
- Awards and recognition include #178 on Fortune 500 list, #81 on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work, Fortune’s Future 50, Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality (Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 2020), Best Companies for Women (Fairygodboss, 2019), and Best for Vets Employer (Military Times, 2020).