The Senior IT Data Analyst role will collaborate with the data and analytics engineering and Master Data Management teams to establish and evolve CDW’s enterprise data governance framework. In addition the Senior IT Data Analyst role will lead activities that focus on business and functional requirements gathering and in-depth data analysis. This role will administer all aspects of CDW’s Data Governance (DG) process as well as serve as lead analyst for issues related to data standards and data policies. The role will also involve a component of change management for the definition, creation, and enforcement of DG processes.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Collaborate with stakeholders to clarify, prioritize and validate project requirements and business objectives.
- Proactively gather, document data requirements and analysis including data integrity and data consistency related to DG standard
- Work closely with data engineering team to inform data transformations, reporting and analysis
- Create and maintain Enterprise Data Governance tools (e.g. Data Glossary, Standards & Policies)
- Work closely with the Data Architecture team to enhance existing tools and data architecture to ensure a best in class control framework
- Mentor and educate IT and business colleagues about enterprise data governance standards and processes
- Plan and facilitate requirements gathering utilizing focus sessions, one-on-one interviews, and job shadowing.
- Work with QA team to develop system test plans, ensure software quality assurance (SQA) standards are achieved, and validate that business goals are accomplished.
- Develop strong internal relationships with key stakeholders and subject-matter experts across the organization.
- Serve as a conduit / broker for cross-functional collaboration & knowledge sharing.
- Assess capabilities of the enterprise to understand where changes are needed to meet strategic goals.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, or a related field – or demonstrated, equivalent experience.
- 5 years experience in identifying and documenting business needs and specifications utilizing business analysis and system design techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across company and department boundaries at all levels.
- Experience producing and/or maintaining business and/or data requirements required
- Experience with SQL and demonstrated understanding of relational databases required
- Demonstrated ability to effectively facilitate and lead meetings, tailoring messages to the given audience.
- Strong working knowledge of requirements gathering software support, data mining tools, Microsoft Office applications, Agile collaboration tools (e.g. Team, Jira, Confluence)
- Demonstrated ability to critically evaluate information, identify risks and opportunities, while possessing creative problem-solving skills with an understanding of business concepts and models.
- Proficient negotiation and persuasion skills, with the ability to enable win-win resolutions.
- Working knowledge of data processing fundamentals including entity relationship diagrams, database models, structured application design and IT infrastructure (networking and hardware).
- Demonstrate influence without authority.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the business, organization and solutions that are the back bone of the organization.
- Prior experience serving as part of a Data Governance organization or supporting one.
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions, strategies and organizational direction.
- Ability to apply new ideas to resolve existing problems.
- Ability to effectively resolve conflict with appropriate escalation.