This job posting is no longer active
The Manager of Talent Management will be responsible for the design, delivery and implementation of solutions that build leader capabilities, develop succession plans, accelerate succession readiness and improve team and individual performance to help drive business results. This individual will work closely with key stakeholders including HR business partners and senior leadership across business functions, tailor solutions to CDW’s audience and environment, and measure success and enhance offerings based on analytics and insights.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Talent Management: Establish a talent mindset through the design, development, implementation, and management of talent identification processes including key talent assessment and identification, succession planning, and talent reviews.
- Provide a simple and effective process for talent planning and partner with HRBPs to implement annual succession planning, as well as regular talent review sessions, to assess and calibrate the organization's talent, build bench strength, identify and mitigate the risk for critical positions, identify future capability needs and establish long-term people strategies to build capabilities.
- Responsible for the annual bench strength analysis evaluating the strength of the succession pipelines against future business needs and providing recommendations for talent actions.
- Develop and management high potential development program
Talent Planning: consult with HR and senior leaders to assess talent and organizational needs, develop solutions and lead successful implementation of programs in support of desired changes and evolve and maintain a healthy and thriving culture.
Performance Development: Lead the performance management process and create a culture of accountability and ongoing feedback through meaningful conversations, including performance growth and career development, with tools to support the process. Ensure ongoing review of the impact of the process through analysis of performance data and propose design improvements.
Oversee a team of talent management specialists by providing coaching, development and performance management to direct reports
Business Assessment and Opportunity Identification: Assess business challenges, diagnose opportunities and make recommendations that positively impact leadership and organizational effectiveness. Contribute to talent management strategy.
Data Analysis: Analyze and interpret business and talent data from multiple sources (including HRIS demographic/org structure data, talent and performance data, and engagement data). Develop insights to deepen understanding of talent opportunities, evaluate effectiveness of current offerings and support recommendations to enhance future offerings. Ability to present analysis, insights and recommendations in an easy-to-understand way.
Needs Analysis, Design and Implementation: Lead needs analysis, design, development and implementation of talent management solutions.
Project Management and Delivery: Working with team leadership and key stakeholders, propose and agree project goals, approach, resources & responsibilities, interdependencies, timing and success measures. Develop work plan and manage project to meet agreed milestones.
Best Practice and Continuous Improvement Focus: Keep current of best practices and innovative programs to ensure that CDW’s strategies and initiatives provide a competitive edge. Lead continuous improvement efforts to enhance quality and increase efficiency in area of responsibility.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7 years’ experience in the Human Resources function, with at least 4 years in Talent Development/Management, Organizational Development or related area
- Strategic thinker with strong business acumen. Proven ability to identify problems, examine situations from multiple angles and propose solutions that balance innovation and practicality for desired impact. Strong business acumen with understanding of business functions, drivers of company performance and financials.
- Talent Management expertise. Successful track record of designing, developing, and delivering talent management solutions across functional, geographic and organizational boundaries to meet business goals.
- Experience with Talent Analytics. Experience performing analyses, identifying insights and making recommendations applicable to the organizational development project, audience or business.
- Exceptional project manager. Driven to meet deadlines in fast-paced environment. Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business. Calm under pressure and resilient when faced with change in direction or challenges.
- Excellent communication skills. Exceptional interviewing, listening, writing, presentation and facilitation skills. Track record of designing and developing polished and impactful presentations and materials and presenting to audiences and key stakeholders, including senior leadership. Experience creating organizational communications and campaigns to support successful project implementation.
- Strong stakeholder management and customer service skills. Demonstrated ability to build relationships and effectively collaborate with all levels of leaders across HR and business functions, including senior leadership. Anticipates customer needs and highly responsive to requests. Maintains confidentiality.
- Software expertise. Strong proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word. Experience working with talent management software and HRIS systems.
- Location & travel. Position is based in Lincolnshire, IL. Occasional travel required (up to 10%), depending on project responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior/Development or related field
- Experience working in large, multi-location corporate environment with domestic and international presence
- Experience working in a sales organization, in the technology industry and/or a Business-to-Business (B2B) environment
- 3 years of combined experience managing direct reports, cross-functional teams or large vendor relationships
Job Category: Human Resources
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 0%