Next Generation Enterprise Network (NGEN) Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) is one the largest IT services program for the Navy and U.S. Marine Corps (USMC), supporting approximately 400,000 seats around the world. Under SMIT, the SMIT contractor will provide enterprise services to the Marine Corps Enterprise Network (MCEN), Navy-Marine Corps Internet (NMCI), and OCONUS Navy Enterprise Network (ONE-Net) including transport, datacenter, network operations, service desk, cybersecurity, and managed services.CDW-G will be supporting the SMIT contractor in several of these service areas.
This Senior Manager role is responsible for crafting, communicating, and delivering the strategic vision of the department while ensuring optimal performance for day-to-day activities.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manage to the operational expense and capital expenditure budgets
- Drive continuous improvement across all areas of responsibility
- Sponsor, lead, and coordinate projects and work activities at all levels of the organization
- Engage, manage, and develop direct reports to be IT leaders of the future
- Present and lead discussions between the business and IT
- Identify, set, and manage agreed-upon Service Level Agreements
- Collaborate cross-functionally and build strong, productive relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure department alignment to the overall IT strategy
- Manage and improve productivity, quality and cost metrics related to IT Support Services
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Business related field, or equivalent experience
- Active Secret Security Clearance is required. If you do not have active clearance, you will be required to pursue and successfully complete the process to secure your Secret Clearance
- 8 years IT Management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior and executive leadership
- Experience creating detailed performance reporting
- History of building and maintaining productive cross-functional relationships
- Strong attention to detail and creative problem-solving skills
- Track record of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated experience leading projects, effectively delegating responsibilities and managing resources
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor others
- MBA or MS degree a plus
- PMP Certification