This job posting is no longer active
The Lead Application Developer Power BI develops business reports using Microsoft’s Power BI reporting tool. Consult with business consumers of data, understand their requirements, and create reports that meet their needs. This position requires strong analytical problem-solving abilities, data visualization, report dashboard design, and ad-hoc report design abilities.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Recommend and implement Data Visualization Center of Excellence framework leveraging Microsoft Business Intelligence reporting stack (PowerBI, SSRS)
- Interfacing with business customers to gather data and metrics requirements, then driving analytic projects which will help solve complex challenges.
- Design and development of data visualizations and reports that help provide insights to business community
- Collaborates with business teams to improve data models that feed business intelligence tools, increasing data accessibility and fostering data-driven decision making across the organization.
- Design and development of key analytics capabilities using SSAS tabular modeling and DAX
- Collaborate with other technology teams to help implement advanced analytics algorithms that exploit our rich datasets for statistical analysis, prediction, clustering and machine learning
- Help continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for business partners
- Train counterparts such as data scientists, data analysts, data consumers in data pipelines and preparation techniques, which make it easier for them to integrate and consume the data they need for their own use cases
- Understand functional requirements of data consumers. Translate those requirements into technical solutions.
- Promote a culture of self-serve data analytics by minimizing technical barriers to data access and understanding.
- Helps ensure compliance and governance during use of data
- Be curious and knowledgeable about new data initiatives and how to address them.
- Promote the available data and analytics capabilities and expertise to business unit leaders and educate them in leveraging these capabilities in achieving their business goals.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 10 years application development experience, or 7 years CDW Application Development experience
- Advanced skills in creating data visualizations / dashboards
- Proven experience with Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack having Power BI, SSAS, SSRS, SSIS
- Strong experience with various Data Management architectures like Data Warehouse, Data Lake, Data Hub and the supporting processes like Data Integration, Governance, Metadata Management
- Experience with DAX and MDX
- Experience with popular database programming languages including SQL, PL/SQL, others for relational databases and on NoSQL/Hadoop oriented databases like MongoDB, Cassandra, others for nonrelational databases.
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and maintain productive working relationships cross-departmentally and cross-functionally.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with and present to all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Strong organizational, planning and creative problem solving-skills with critical attention to detail
- Demonstrated success of facilitation and solutions implementation.
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Experience with Reporting Tools (SSRS, Cognos, Business Objects, or Microstrategy)
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure (at least one of Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Platform (version 2012 or later)
Job Category: Corporate IT
Job Type: Full-Time