This job posting is no longer active
The Accounting function has responsibility for the preparation, consolidation and review of CDW’s financial statements, manages the company’s revenue accounting function, and manages the all partner finance monies for the Company.
The Senior Manager, Financial Accounting has responsibility for the preparation, consolidation and review of CDW’s financial statements, and to meet internal and external reporting requirements. This includes managing US Corporate Accounting department, as well as leading the US financial close, liaising with accounting teams across the enterprise. The position also works collaboratively to ensure the successful integration of acquired companies into the financial reporting structure.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provides strong leadership, mentorship and coaching to attract, develop and retain a high-performing team.
- Manages a team of professionals that includes their coaching, development and performance management.
- Participates in cross-functional special projects as required. This could include involvement in potential acquisitions, as well as the integration of any acquired entities.
- Other Responsibilities
- Timely and accurate preparation, consolidation, and review of CDW’s financial statements.
- Works collaboratively with other accounting teams globally to ensure an efficient and effective month end close process that meets all required deadlines.
- Manages the US Corporate Accounting team, including fixed assets, leases, payroll related accruals, as well as other corporate level processes.
- Ensures that effective financial controls are in practice in the accounting function and are compliant with Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Ensures that accounting practices and policies are adequate and enforced, including the development of local policies as well as ensuring compliance with the Group Finance Instruction Manual.
- Works with external and internal auditors to ensure an efficient and effective audit process.
- Works with other departments across CDW to ensure the accuracy of the financial statements, as well as providing support with the accounting for certain transactions.
- Works closely with the Global Accounting Advisory function to understand the impact of new accounting pronouncements and ensures the necessary changes to operational finance processes are implemented.
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of the PeopleSoft general ledger system used within North America as well as our corporate reporting tools.
- Provides insight into financial trends within scope of responsibility, providing senior management with detailed reports and analysis; advises on problem matters and recommends courses of action designed to correct or reduce their impact.
- Owns the monthly account substantiation process (via Blackline tool).
- Supports the planning processes as needed.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- External candidates: 7 years of finance experience, with at least 4 years in an accounting role, and 3 years of management experience.
- Internal candidates: 6 years of finance experience, with at least 3 years in an accounting role, and 2 years of management experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- Demonstrated excellent knowledge of accounting and finance principles and practices with the ability to apply them in a business analysis situation.
- Demonstrated excellent organization and planning skills with critical attention to detail.
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Proven track record in problem analysis with the ability to creatively and proactively problem solve.
- Track record of identifying process improvements and making appropriate recommendations.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to influence stakeholders.
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and maintain productive working relationships cross-functionally.
- Strong business acumen.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel.
- Excellent technical accounting skills.
- Track record of effectively using financial systems to meet accounting and reporting needs.
- Public Accounting experience.
- Experience working with large general ledger packages, ideally PeopleSoft.
- Experience with Hyperion Financial Management (HFM).
Job Category: Finance
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 0%