This job posting is no longer active
The Business Systems Administrator is responsible for ensuring production environment availability, stability and performance of 3rd party software applications and servers. This role serves as the IT point person, system advocate, and subject matter expert for such applications and provides day-to-day close support to internal business partners.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Ensure production environment availability, stability and performance through proactive monitoring, configuration and tuning
- Serve as the IT point person, system advocate and SME for 3rd party software applications with a strong customer-service oriented disposition toward internal business partners
- Establish and maintain a strong, close working relationship with functional area counterparts, users, internal IT, external consultants, and product vendors
- Perform software installations, system configurations, migrations, maintenance, upgrades, patches/fixes of 3rd party package software
- Troubleshoot software, hardware and infrastructure issues; collaborate with all necessary resources (developers, infrastructure team, Help Desk, coworkers, etc.) to resolve including escalation with vendor
- Partner with management to plan and coordinate IT activities with all users/stakeholders
- Provide regular status and report on issues that arise to management
- Communicate with all stakeholders when problems exist and follow-up once resolved
- Create and maintain system documentation; train other administrators
- Develop and promote standard operating procedures, best practices, governance
- Establish and perform backup/disaster recovery procedures
- Deploy code submitted by developers to production
- Automate various administration tasks
- In alignment with business needs, design and manage system security plans and procedures; maintain user groups, roles, rights/permissions; perform security audits
- Perform technical infrastructure/hardware requirements gathering, sizing, installation, testing with the IT systems engineering/networking groups
- Remain current on the latest software releases/release notes in anticipation of future business needs and/or to improve productivity and departmental capabilities
- Keep abreast of related technologies, methodologies, best practices and provide recommendations for adoption/implementation
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement and take necessary actions to implement
- Evaluate packaged software products and upgrades to existing products
- Analyze and resolve business needs related to packaged software
- Assist manager with strategy, vision, planning, building of the administration team
- Work evening and weekend hours when necessary for installations, implementations, and upgrades
- Login capability from home to respond to any system-related problem(s)
- Carry a company-issued smart phone and respond to critical business issues in a timely manner
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 5-7 years software support experience.
Other Required Qualifications
- Good working knowledge of 3rd party packaged software and PC hardware and software.
- Working experience with networking and connectivity concepts as they relate to hardware and software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Flexibility to work off hours and weekends as business needs dictate.
- Demonstrated process documentation ability.
- Proactive mindset focused on continuous improvement
- Customer-service oriented disposition
- Willingness/interest in expanded role to multiple enterprise applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or MIS
- Hands-on administration experience with one or more of the following or similar applications/platforms: Hadoop, Hyperion EPM, Microsoft SQL Server (relational db) – ODS/EDW, Microsoft SQL Server (SSIS – integration services), Microsoft SQL Server (SSAS – analysis services), Microsoft SQL Server (SSRS – reporting services), Microsoft SQL Server (EDS/MDS – enterprise/master data services), Tableau, Pyramid Analytics, PowerBI, IBM Cognos, Collibra, Azure
- Experience automating administrative tasks by writing PowerShell, Power Automate or other scripts
Job Category: Corporate IT
Job Type: Full-Time