CDW is the leading multi-brand technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organizations in the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada. A Fortune 500 company with multinational capabilities, CDW was founded in 1984 and employs more than 10,000 coworkers. For the trailing twelve months ended June 30, 2020, the company generated net sales of over $18 billion.
CDW’s broad array of offerings range from hardware and software to integrated IT solutions such as security, cloud, data center and networking.
In 2020, CDW was named on Forbes’ Lists of Best Employers for Diversity, and Best Employers in Illinois, which highlights CDW’s commitment to a coworker-centric culture. CDW understands that professional success is just as crucial as personal well-being, and therefore, it offers programs, tools and resources to help coworkers achieve professional goals, as well as personal physical, emotional and financial goals.
At CDW, the customer is central to everything we do. As the leading IT solutions provider, we must deliver simple and superior experiences across all channels and devices. Our dedicated eCommerce team drives value for both external customers and internal stakeholders, while ultimately delivering growth for CDW. We strive to deliver digital experiences that demonstrate that CDW is the best choice for IT decision-making and management.
CDW is seeking a Senior Manager of Product Design to lead and grow our UX/UI team. This role is a critical hire, with massive strategic impact, scope, and growth potential. We’re seeking a high-energy people leader with drive and vision to complete our leadership team.
Reporting to the Director of eCommerce Product & Design, you’ll lead a team of UX and UI designers. This team’s charter: Create best-in-class digital experiences for customers, sellers, and partners that deliver business results — conversion and repeat engagement for CDW’s core users.
In addition to leading the team, you’ll also work with your counterparts in Product and Engineering to devise and execute a roadmap tied to business and product objectives. At CDW, this is the product triad, and designers are accountable for business results.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner closely with Engineering and Product leadership. You work with them to find the truth, and to create the best outcomes by leveraging your team’s design talents and research skills.
- Advocate for purposeful design-led products: you evangelize design within the company, and support your team’s charter by delivering work that drives results.
- Lead with influence across the CDW organization so your team can work more effectively, and with transparency.
- Build credibility for your organization, and lead with understanding, inspiring credibility across the business.
- Define and provide oversight of the design vision and ethos for the team.
- Create standards for the design practice across a range of elements: Design System, UX Research, UX Content, Interaction Design, Visual Design, and Service/Experience Design.
- Collaborate with product management and research in product discovery, identify unmet needs for driving value.
- Lead with deep understanding of the customers and end users, identify and address knowledge gaps, and stay informed through research and measurement.
- Develop and mentor individual team members, growing skill sets and developing a team of full-stack designers.
- Maintain active membership in the broader design community by participating or leading conferences, workshops, and meetups.
Managerial & Operational Leadership
- Define processes to optimize design operations, creating a simple system for managing team resources, with ability to manage capacity and track efficiency.
- Work in partnership with other design teams at CDW including Marketing Design, to ensure a cohesive experiences across channels and mediums.
- Mentor and develop the next level of design leaders at CDW.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE MINIMUMS:
- 10 years of Design leadership experience with 5 years of management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- Possess a portfolio of design work that demonstrates tangible experiential and business outcomes.
- Track record of developing intuitive, engaging, and holistic design experiences, across multiple channels and for multiple personas.
- Proven ability to attract, retain and develop top talent.
- Experience defining design operations and processes that efficiently scale team resources.
- Experience building and deploying design systems.
- Experience working with dual-track Scrum, or design sprint approach.
- Executive presentation and communication skills.
- Relevant post-grad experience in Product Design, Human Factors, or Product Management a plus.
- Focused on deep and continuous understanding of needs of customers, end users, and stakeholders.
- Driven to create innovative, big ideas, and winning products, services, and collaborations.
- Builds and encourages respect across the organization; seeks input from others to inform their decisions and solutions.
- Comfortable with a fast-pace, data-driven and outcome-focused.
- Proven ability to evangelize new products and features to both customers and cross- functional team members, aligning the entire team around a design approach.
- Dynamic and disciplined thinker with a passion for impact.
- Active participant in the design community.
- Willingness to be hands-on when necessary.