This job posting is no longer active
The Senior Accountant I is responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual accounts.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- Ensure proper revenue and expenses are recognized in accordance with GAAP.
- General ledger operations including performing account substantiations.
- Prepare journal entries.
- Ensure financial close and reporting deadlines are met.
- Prepare financial management reports.
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end closes.
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures.
- Independently resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses and balance sheet accounts.
- Guide non-financial functional areas through accounting rationale and impact on reporting and control.
- Analyze actual results and provide explanations for variances to plan and prior year.
- Financial audit preparation and cooperation with the audit process.
- Analyze financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures.
- Collaborate cross-functionally on improving business results and processes.
- Ad-hoc projects as assigned.
- Mentor junior team members.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree either in finance or accounting, or another major with CPA.
- External candidates:
- 3 years previous accounting or financial audit experience.
Other Required Qualifications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of accounting and finance principles and practices
- Solid technical accounting skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills with critical attention to detail
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business, while meeting deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications with strong experience in Excel
- Proven track record in problem analysis with the ability to creatively and proactively problem solve
- Track record of identifying process improvements, and making appropriate recommendations
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to influence stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of financial accounting and reporting applications (Peoplesoft and Hyperion Financial Management)
Job Category: Finance
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 0%