Coach, mentor, motivate and develop a team of Proposal Writers to include supervisors as applicable that support specific CDW sales segments or regions to accelerate revenue growth by providing proposal management and support. This position will work closely with the senior management team and present findings and analysis to senior management.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Coordinate and manage the effort to recruit, hire and train proposal and support staff including, and execute activities such as goal setting, project identification, developing IDPs, and writing annual appraisals.
- Maintain the tracking mechanism, generate periodic reporting and communicate departmental productivity and capture results.
- Develop appropriate project plans, staffing plans and management plans.
- Monitor and ensure proposed contractual terms and conditions are aligned with CDW preferred position.
- Contribute to top opportunities by taking a hands-on, developmental role in all facets of proposal development, including capture strategies.
- Provide consultation and development to coworkers to assist in achievement of their professional goals. Delegate tasks, motivate the team, and provide consistent direction to manage the cumulative efforts of the group to highest ROI for CDW.
- Prepare regular internal reviews of proposal team performance specific to individual win rates and quality of proposal product.
- Develop strategic business plans by segment/region for contract capture to support the sales organization.
- Coordinate smooth contract award transition to the Program Management team to mitigate risk and ensure compliance with all deliverables.
- Manage corporate communication relevant to subordinates.
- Seeks new business opportunities; reviews solicitations and evaluates them.
- Works with other CDW departments to resolve issues.
- Identify and champion projects targeted at improved efficiency and/or quality of responses.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience.
- Participation in successful proposal or project management efforts.
- 5 years relevant experience: Sales, Sales Operations, Business Analysis, Financial analysis or related field.
Other Required Qualifications
- Ability to facilitate change and delegate responsibility while managing multiple priorities.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to travel as needed to various CDW locations. (10-25% travel)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with coworkers, management and executives.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills required along with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and working knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to find solutions while working independently.
- Ability to align performance for success and build a successful team.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and coach as an immediate supervisor.
- Demonstrated project management success with measurable results.
- Two years Management experience.
- Experience managing teams within CDW.
- Experience in or working with Sales and specifically IT.
- Experience with Financial and Business modeling.