We are looking for self-motivated Solutions Architects seeking a high-growth potential in defining and implementing customized on-prem and hybrid cloud architectures for customers in diverse industry verticals. The Solutions Architect will be focused on VMware suite taking a customer’s existing applications and infrastructure assets, couple them with business, technology and operational constraints, and derive the optimal modern solutions. You will also play a critical role in bringing together cross-functional teams to meet the needs of our most demanding customers. As a Solutions Architect, you'll act as a customer advocate to architect the right solutions and ensure they are implemented and supported in an innovative and reliable way.
- Senior level hands on architecture consulting and implementation of various VMware technologies such as Tanzu, Cloud Foundation, NSX, vSphere, vCenter, and vRealize.
- Hands-on consulting and implementation of server, storage, data-center networking, and network security architectures
- Deliver services focused on Software Defined Data-Center (SDDC) and Software Defined Networking (SDN) Solutions
- Architect level consulting - including patterns and practices around private and hybrid cloud with a strong emphasis in the on-prem technology space
- Work with project management professionals to develop and deploy both small and large scale projects
- Work in a dynamic consulting environment with the ability to balance multiple client needs
- Effectively communicate sophisticated concepts to both technical and non-technical users
- Maintain subject matter expertise in multiple technologies and disciplines
- Implement upgrades, green fields and migrations in a timely manner while minimizing impact on users
- Ensure that all implemented projects meet best practice guidelines
- Write/author technical reports, assessments, and design documentation
- Deliver solutions that can be automated/orchestrated using various netops/devops/automation technologies such as Ansible, Python, Terraform, Git/GitLab, Puppet, Jenkins, etc.
- Perform pre-sales functions as needed
- Perform product development functions as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from four-year College or University in the field of Computer Science, Engineering, or Telecommunications or equivalent additional years’ experience.
- 5+ years data center experience
- Any combination of the following certifications: VCTA, VCP, VCAP, OR VCDX
- Proficiency and technical knowledge with system and network security designs and best practices.
- Additional domain area knowledge in adjunct technology areas such as Red Hat/Linux administration, software development, cloud computing, HPC, networking, unified communications, etc. highly desired
- Consulting experience with the ability to handle multiple projects
Nice to have
- VMware Cloud Native Master Specialist Certification