The Education Strategy Leadership role is responsible for understanding technology trends in Education
verticals, collaborating with industry experts, building programs tied to customer-centric solutions, and enabling
the broader sales organization to serve our customers in their mission. The leader will provide vision and define
direction for Customer Centric Solution Priorities in CDWG’s Education verticals. In addition, he/she will lead a
team of world-class educators & experts to identify transformational strategic opportunities and develop plans to
drive the business.
This person should have a passion for Education technology, be a strong communicator/collaborator, be
passionate about developing talent, and is able to communicate our mission and capabilities both internally and
externally. This person will possess a high level of professionalism, as well as excellent communication and
presentation skills. A passion for uncovering incremental sales opportunity is essential.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Collaborates with sales leadership, OEM Education strategy leaders, customers, and industry experts to identify
trends in Education. Leverages intelligence to recommend/drive CDW services to Education customers.
• Directly manages and develops people and strategy leaders.
• Builds the team vision, drives execution, and aligns efforts to company and industry priorities.
• Understands and is able to translate the teams' functions into business impact.
• Drives alignment with ITS, Purchasing, Product & Partner Management (PPM), Services R&D, and other departments.
• Maintains extensive knowledge about all departments of CDW and is able to communicate the benefits
• Develop and run proofs, pilots, and experiments with internal/external stakeholders for potential growth solutions.
• Leads programs that provide industry trends and customer-centric solutions to Sales and Product & Partner management
• Travels to customer and partner sites to present CDW-G's capabilities and our vision for Education.
• Formally and informally mentors sales managers
• Identifies, vets, recommends, and onboards new Education partners that are important to our Education vision/ecosystem
• Collaborates and works closely with Education senior leaders & other leadership to drive change and results
• Leads and enhances development initiatives for sellers and business development coworkers
• Leads key sales projects as needed.
• Takes active role in inter and intra departmental collaboration and communication initiatives.
• Represents CDW's thought leadership in local, regional, and national events
• Some travel may be required
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Should possess strong interpersonal skills to gain cooperation from other departments
• Must project a professional image and strong business acumen during customer interactions
• Ability to present in small and large groups
• Strong organization and follow up skills
• Strong sales skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of the Education industry
• Demonstrated leadership and relative success delivering on initiatives
• Consistent success achieving sales goals and departmental objectives
• Proven track record of customer focus and results
• Strong manager survey results, if applicable
• Demonstrated commitment to personal development
• Demonstrated commitment and strong contribution to overall team success and peer development
• Ability and willingness to travel up to 50%, or as needed, to other locations for meetings and client sites
• Bachelor degree
• 8+ years in a sales, strategy, or EdTech role serving Education
• Strong network with Education customers, OEM/service partners, and industry experts
• 5+ years experience leading a team