The Technical Solutions Writer will manage solution development for proposals. This includes various technology solutions that consist of multiple hardware and software components. Collaboration with multiple groups within the company will be critical as well as working with external partners. The focus will be on drafting content that can be tailored to a specific opportunity as well as boilerplate material for our document repository. Working under tight timelines and adhering to deadlines will be critical to the success of this position.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Advise on system components to assess and design the solution.
- Identify stakeholders and partner with internal technical teams including the Federal services team to ensure compliant solution development.
- Identify complex problems in written material in order to develop alternatives, evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Analyze RFx requirements including Performance Work Statements (PWS) and related materials as part of writing assignments
- Write strategic customer facing RFPs / plans inclusive of project management, training, quality assurance, implementation timelines needed.
- Establish strong relationships with SMEs for ongoing partnership on complex technical concept.
- Prepare customer-facing presentations for BAFOs, oral presentations, as required.
- Maintain and meet deliverable schedules. Must be proactive in obtaining information from multiple internal and external teams.
- Engage service teams and maintain professional certification levels to be familiar with current and emerging technologies.
- Communicate with all internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare complete documentation for IT concepts, technologies and methodologies such as: IT modernization, hyper-converged infrastructure, cybersecurity, virtual desktop infrastructure, ITIL, DevSecOps, Agile, or SDLC.
- Ability to document technical “as-a-service” solutions
- Undertake special projects as requested by management
The information in this position description is intended to convey information about the key responsibilities and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the opportunity. Responsibilities are subject to change.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 5 years of experience working as a technical proposal writer responding to Federal Government solicitations
- Technical Solutions knowledge of Data Center, Secruity, Infrastructure and Cloud
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Project and Visio
- US Citizenship required
Other Required Qualifications
- Proficient experience working on network systems and a successful history of participation in IT projects
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to change while meeting deadlines
- Must be knowledgeable/experienced in supply chain risk management (SCRM)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to understand and write about complex topics.
- Strong attention to detail, including grammar, punctuation, and syntax.
- Highly organized with the ability to independently prioritize
- Must be able to meet multiple project deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ensure compliance with all RFP requirements
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Flexibility to work off hours and weekends as business needs dictate.
- Advanced Technical knowledge of solutions, including but not limited to Data Center, Security, Infrastructure, Cloud Compute, Artificial Intelligence, Networking and DaaS
- Technical industry certifications, ITIL 3, ITIL4, PMP, CISSP
- Engineering background and/or experience with IT sales
CUSTOMER FOCUS AND QUALITY MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
Each CDW coworker is responsible for maintaining customer focus and conforms to the CDW quality management system. Specific responsibilities include: