This role manages technology, process improvement, and/or organization design endeavors needed by the finance organization; collaborates with functional leaders, IT team members, and external people to deliver successful results; evaluates efforts and shares learning’s; coaches and mentors peers and team members on ways to deliver project results.
The Manager, Revenue Projects manages technology and process improvement endeavors for the Revenue team; collaborates with functional leaders, IT team members, and external parties to deliver successful results; evaluates efforts and shares learning’s; coaches and mentors peers and team members on ways to deliver project results.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Support business teams through recommendation, scoping, and guidance through completion of systems and business process improvements.
- Structures projects for success by establishing scope, resources, schedule, requirements gathering and risk mitigation plans.
- Manages projects to deliver successful results.
- Coaches and manages team members in delivering work.
- Partners with, and manages internal and external resources needed for initiatives.
- Works closely with internal (i.e., IT) cross functional team members to deliver projects.
- Contributes ideas to the technical and process improvement design solutions.
- Analyzes functional (project) data in order to develop ideas, approaches, and strategies for solutions.
- Participates in the generation of ideas and requirements with project teams
- Distributes knowledge/experience throughout the finance organization, and CDW.
- Develops and delivers training and/or business-focused methodologies to finance team (e.g., adoption, change management).
- Leads change through the Accounting organization, serving as a Change Agent and developing and distributing materials to manage and track understanding, acceptance, and gaps.
- Participates in organizational excellence teams to continue to learn and contribute ideas, approaches, tactics, and strategies.
- Creates artifacts, white papers, decks, articles to share within CDW.
- This role will support accurate planning, reporting and analysis of projects and operations.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Finance or Accounting.
- External Candidate: 6 years of data analytics/data management, business analysis, and/or program management experience in technology, process improvement, and/or organization design initiatives along with some general accounting/finance experience.
- Internal Candidate: 5 years of data analytics/data management, business analysis, and/or program management experience in technology, process improvement, and/or organization design initiatives along with some general accounting/finance experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- Proven track record in problem analysis with the ability to creatively and proactively problem solve.
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business, while meeting deadlines.
- Proven project management, planning and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to effectively document processes.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain collaborative working relationships cross- functionally.
- Solid leadership skills with the ability and proven track record to coach, develop and mentor teams of internal and/or external people. Excellent interpersonal skills capable of interfacing effectively with key stakeholders; must possess team orientation.
- Solid, current technical knowledge of how to establish structure to support successful initiatives including technical development life cycles, process improvement and organization design best practices, and change management strategies.
- Ability to plan and facilitate information gathering and idea creation.
- Proven successful management of the full life cycle of complex technology/process improvement programs with package software and custom-developed applications.
- MBA or CPA
- Experience with full life cycle of custom development of financial information systems/applications.
- Management consulting experience.