Enterprise Architects are team and project thought leaders at CDWG. Enterprise Architects apply their technology vision and consulting experiences to drive successful strategic planning and completion of customer projects. The Enterprise Architect will generally provide these services to support multiple offices within a larger region.
Key Areas of ResponsibilityCustomer Engagement
- Develop and maintain enterprise architecture models, such as performance, application and security.
- Develop architecture governance strategy and controls to ensure consistency between various systems and components.
- Design network architectures and configures systems to meet requirements of the customer’s environment
- Provide advice and present strategies for stakeholders at different levels within the organization.
- Work with stakeholders to help define business requirements for complex systems, focusing on understanding and documenting the business processes and data flows between each component.
- Work with organization on defining processes which result in a highly simple, extendable and scalable architecture.
- Help drive the development of future state architecture and the strategic plan for supporting both transactional and information systems.
- Work with third parties to integrate systems or components into the customer’s environment.
- Research and assess emerging technologies and recommend technologies that can simplify development, reduce effort, or solve problems.
- Determines and defines services that complement and/or round out proposed hardware and software engagements; estimates required engineering effort.
- Promotes a culture of knowledge sharing and collaboration by organizing knowledge bases, contributing regularly, and encouraging team members to contribute.
- Coaches and mentors team members to improve their technical, consulting, and sales skills.
- Conducts technical assessment and expertise evaluations during the candidate selection process.
- Provide technical subject matter expertise in support of proposals, RFIs, and whitepapers to include technical writing, architectural design, whitepaper development.
- Follows up on implemented solutions and identifies new opportunities that complement the work that was completed.
- Advises team members and sales prior to customer calls and/or sales strategy sessions.
- Collaborate with Technical Architects to identify and validate emerging Advanced Technology opportunities within the region, assist Technical Architects in building standard operating procedures and best practices for cross-vendor implementations (ie. Datacenter Architecture – Storage, Server, and Virtualization, or Collaboration Architecture –UC, Video, and Presence)
- Collaborate with Partner resources (Cisco, EMC, Microsoft, etc.) to identify and validate emerging Advanced Technology opportunities within the region. Shares best practices and effective territory planning approaches with peers to leverage successful approaches across the team.
- Shares best practices and tactics for enhancing profitability and closing deals.
- Regularly creates forward-thinking thought leadership deliverables (e.g., external monthly blog posts, internal technical strategy documents); provides insight into emerging technical trends affecting CDW’s portfolio; regularly contributes to major industry publications and/or speaks at national conferences
- Planning – participate in kickoff meetings, build solution implementation roadmaps, collaborate with Project Managers, Technical Leads, and Senior Engineers to ensure successful execution of project plans, as required by customers
- Design – create and/or evaluate technical designs for customer systems, develop test plans, build proof of concepts and participate in design reviews to ensure alignment with customer’s business requirements
- Implementation – lead both first-to-market and large-scale advanced technology pilots, along with cross-vendor engagements to help establish CDW as the first choice provider of Advanced Technology solutions
- Closure – drive post-project debrief sessions, archive intellectual property and transfer knowledge to Sales, Engineers, Managed Services, Technical Architects, and Practice teams
- Project Escalation - Provide leadership and support to resolve mission–critical customer issues, both technical and customer satisfaction
The information in this position description is intended to convey information about the key responsibilities and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the opportunity. Responsibilities are subject to change.
- Bachelor degree in business, computer science, a related technical degree or 10 years of data center experience
- CCNA or higher certification in Datacenter, Security, or Route/Switch
- VMware VCP in Datacenter Virtualization (DCV) or Network Virtualization (NV)
- 10 years of experience in working with government organizations
- Stay up to date on products, applications, technical service, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising, and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature, seminars, and online training
- Experience with developing technology pilots/proof of concepts to demonstrate technical capabilities.
- Ability to demonstrate strong knowledge in networking (campus/wireless/datacenter)
- Ability to demonstrate strong knowledge in datacenter (compute/storage/virtualization)
- Roles consists of 75% design and 25% hands on keyboarding
- Willing to travel (50%)
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Abilities to work independently and to manage time effectively.
- Effective communication skills with an appreciation for the appropriate ways to interact with managers, coworkers, customers and vendors.
- Experience with designing Software Defined Datacenters (SDDCs)
- Knowledge of several Hyper Converged Infrastructure platforms (ex: Dell/NetApp/Nutanix) and proven architectural experience
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.