This position collaborates with the sales management team to implement a first-class seller development program that supports CDW’s strategies and business goals. Scope includes the design, development, and implementation of training solutions for the Sales organization and participates on project teams to design, develop, and implement organizational improvement and technical solutions.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Consult and collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to define business requirements and translate needs into organizational improvement solutions.
- Research best practices and industry trends. Identify and diagnose areas of opportunity, recommend and implement appropriate solutions that positively impact organizational effectiveness.
- Develop, manage, and execute project management strategies to ensure effective resource allocation, commitment from project team members, timeliness, and attainment of business requirements.
- Effectively measure and assess participants’ skills and client satisfaction related to provided services. Establish strategies for addressing gaps. Advise on methods and approaches to reinforce skills.
- Provide ongoing program and feedback and communication updates to stakeholders.
- Managing scheduling and participant records.
- Write recommendations and project proposals for internal executive audiences.
- Mentor and coach junior team members.
- Travel up to 25%. (For Illinois based positions, must be flexible to work in the Riverside and Lincolnshire offices as business dictates.)
- Other Responsibilities
- Advise partner representatives on best practice training methodologies, including providing business insights to customize training content to a given audience.
- Plan program delivery in alignment with the organization’s strategy and priorities for both short and long term needs.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years’ successful selling experience, or 5 years of experience in facilitating sales training, or 5 years of combined experience in sales and sales training
- Demonstrated facilitation/communication experience with a successful track record of increasing participants’ knowledge, performance and effectiveness.
- Demonstrated project and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain productive and collaborative relationships cross-functionally.
- Aptitude for new concepts and technologies with the ability to quickly put them into practical use.
- Track record of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with and present to stakeholders at all levels.
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications.
- Strong creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong organization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor others.
- Ability to have regular, predictable attendance.
- Ability to talk, see, hear and use hands to actively engage and participate in live sessions.
- Degree focused in Business Administration, Communications, Education, Human Resources, Organizational Development, Adult Learning or Education.
- Strong knowledge of advanced sales skills and strategy.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles.
- History of working with sales organizations to increase revenue and profit performance.
- Solid knowledge of technical product categories and partners.