The Operational Excellence Supervisor is responsible for day-to-day operations, training, coaching, and development of all specialty support coworkers in the Configuration Center. This role will collaborate with other stakeholders to support continued growth and consistency in the delivery of configuration services. This role will assist with key process assurance, and improvement efforts through execution and delivery.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manage the activities performed by specialty roles within the Configuration Center, including day-to-day operations, adherence to procedures, work flow assignments, and communications with Sales.
- Meet with coworkers to communicate department and company information, provide guidance to coworkers and maintain coworker programs and policies.
- Manage and coordinate the work of coworkers, including reviewing work performance, motivating coworkers, coaching for performance, identifying performance concerns and developing solutions, identify the technical strengths and developmental areas of coworkers and administering disciplinary action if necessary.
- Manage effort to improve workflow management and quality control processes within the Configuration Center.
- Participating in recruitment, selection and on-boarding processes.
- Train coworkers on internal systems and applications.
- The general work hours will be 9:00 am to 6:30 pm
- It may be necessary on occasion for this individual to work beyond their regularly scheduled shift
- Stand and/or walk in combination for the duration of the workday
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull up to 50 pounds of force minimally (10% of the workday), and/or up to 20 pounds of force rarely
- Travel to other CDW locations may be required
The information in this position description is intended to convey information about the key responsibilities and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the opportunity. Responsibilities are subject to change.
- High School diploma or GED
- Strong foundation in client computing and networking
- A minimum of two years of experience in Internal Services, including team leading experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel. Power Point, Visio)
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including the ability to deliver effective presentations.
- Ability to think strategically
Other Required Qualifications
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to communicate with coworkers at all levels in the organization
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Ability to continually learn new technology and to keep pace with an ever-changing industry
- Previous leadership experience
- Working knowledge of CDW’s internal systems