The Federal Capture and Business Development leader is responsible for understanding technology trends
across the Federal Government, collaborating with industry experts, driving pursuits tied to customer-centric
solutions, and enabling the broader sales organization to serve our customers in their mission. The leader will
be able to direct a team towards funded programs where CDW-G can orchestrate, design, implement, and
provide on-going services needed to support the agency's mission. He/she will lead a team of Business
Development Managers and Capture Managers, focused on identifying programs, influencing the agency and/
or teaming partner, and winning funded programs across the Federal Government.
This person should have a passion for technology, be a strong communicator/collaborator, have a history of
developing talent, and is able to communicate our mission and capabilities both internally and externally. This
person will possess a high level of professionalism, as well as excellent communication and presentation skills.
A passion for uncovering incremental sales opportunity is essential.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Collaborates with sales leadership, OEM Federal strategy leaders, customers, and industry experts to identify
trends in Federal. Leverages intelligence to recommend/drive CDW solutions & services to Federal customers.
• Directly manages and develops people and strategy leaders.
• Builds the team vision, drives execution, and aligns efforts to company and industry priorities.
• Understands and is able to translate the teams' functions into business impact.
• Drives alignment with Federal Services, ITS, Product & Partner Management (PPM), Services R&D and other depts.
• Leads programs that provide industry trends and customer-centric solutions to Sales and Product & Partner Management
• Travels to customer and partner sites to present CDW-G's capabilities and our vision for Federal.
• Is able to drive a process to understand, vet, prioritize, and resource the best pursuits, while building consensus with
other leaders on roles, responsibility, and expectations.
• Formally and informally mentors sales managers
• Identifies, vets, recommends, and onboards new Federal partners that are important to our vision/ecosystem
• Collaborates and works closely with Federal senior leaders & other leadership to drive change and results
• Leads and enhances development initiatives for sellers and business development coworkers
• Leads key sales projects as needed.
• Takes active role in inter and intra departmental collaboration and communication initiatives.
• Represents CDW's thought leadership in local, regional, and national events
• Some travel may be required
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Should possess strong interpersonal skills to gain alignment with other departments and leaders
• Must project a professional image and strong business acumen during customer interactions
• Ability to present in small and large groups
• Strong organization and follow up skills
• Strong sales skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of the Federal industry and/or Capture processes
• Demonstrated leadership and relative success delivering on initiatives
• Consistent success achieving sales goals and departmental objectives
• Proven track record of customer focus and results
• Strong manager survey results, if applicable
• Demonstrated commitment to personal development
• Demonstrated commitment and strong contribution to overall team success and peer development
• Ability and willingness to travel up to 50%, or as needed, to other locations for meetings and client sites
• Bachelor degree
• 8+ years in a sales, strategy, or service delivery role serving Federal
• Strong network with Federal customers, OEM/Service/teaming partners, and industry experts
• 5+ years experience leading a team