This role is critical to the safety and wellness of our coworkers by planning, developing, directing, and implementing safety and security measures, policies, procedures, and programs to promote and ensure effective and safe operations. Involving partners, vendors, and coworkers, this role coordinates stakeholders across the organization to effectively implement solutions to address security and safety needs with urgency and expertise.
The Global Business Security and Safety Manager will develop and oversee the security needs of the enterprise. The position also includes conducting investigations, oversight of the executive protection program, coordination of safety and security for special events, training and awareness, Workplace Violence initiatives, Security Assessments, and other physical security support needs.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Oversee team to ensure that team members are properly trained and are effectively executing practices to policies and best practices.
- Identify and communicate all critical security, safety, crisis, and business continuity matters to the attention of business leaders.
- Create policies and procedures to address local and/or international needs.
- Ensure scheduling of staff is accomplished in an effective and fair manner.
- Lead investigative efforts, both local and international, and report findings in an objective, clear and consistent manner.
- Oversee executive protection program, engaging with senior executives, proactively identifying and mitigating risks, and regularly reevaluating approach to quickly implement changes to meet changing situational needs.
- Provide physical security.
- Support supply chain security support and tracking protocols.
- Engage with local law enforcement to identify options and implement solutions in cooperative manner.
- Manage the department’s engagement with other departments such as real estate, facilities, and address new M&A companies in their security technology needs.
- Conduct security and crisis risk assessments globally.
- Support company event/meetings security and safety direction and coordination.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years’ relevant security, safety, and/or global business continuity programs
- 2 years’ experience managing others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business.
- Calm under pressure and resilient when faced with change in direction or challenges.
- Strong team player.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and develop others.
- Investigative experience in glbal companies.
- C-Suite executive protection experience that includes residential, travel, and event security.
- Prior experience and ability to travel internationally independently.
- Prior experience with training and awareness efforts.
- Ability to lift 75 lbs.
- Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to carry and hold heavy emergency response back packs and bags.
- Ability to travel (including internationally) up to 50 percent.
- Ability to be certified in first aid, CPR, bloodborne pathogen, and AED response certifications and be physically able to run to and support medical needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or law enforcement experience.
- Previous law enforcement and intelligence contacts and interactions.