The Corporate Communications team is responsible for conveying CDW’s thought leadership to its key external and internal audiences to achieve business goals and company brand reputation. The Corporate Social Responsibility manager will lead the community relations strategy and design communications and campaigns that showcase CDW’s CSR performance, community and business impact with diverse audiences. Reporting to the VP of Corporate Communications, this new role reflects the evolution of a dynamic and growing team. The ideal candidate has knowledge and understanding of the CSR landscape and has demonstrated passion for driving community relations strategy forward with multiple stakeholders. He or she will thrive in an environment where they are empowered to spot and pursue opportunities to bring people together, and to shape the scope of their role over time
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develop, implement, and amplify a dynamic, creative CSR strategy that ladders up to the business strategy in partnership with various stakeholders.
- Partner with leadership to identify Community Engagement priorities; define, measure and ensure continuous progress to goals.
- Foster an ongoing culture of community and social responsibility by collaborating across coworkers, leaders, locations and roles to create meaningful opportunities for community mobilization, corporate and employee giving.
- Establish and manage a Community Engagement Advisory Board to identify, evaluate, select and evaluate corporate grant opportunities.
- Cultivate actionable insights by creating and managing giving scorecard, analyzing performance trends, sharing reporting trends as needed for various internal/ external reporting.
- Mobilize coworkers through timely, compelling and informative communications that inspire and inform coworkers about opportunities to engage.
- Drive internal/external communication and reputation of our CSR progress, leveraging external partners, CSR/ESG awards and other objectives.
- Source compelling stories to create content that effectively communicates CDW’s CSR progress, drawing on content from across the business.
- Develop strong working relationships with coworkers and key stakeholders to drive awareness and engagement with CSR programs across the US, UK, and Canada.
- Leverage relationships to identify opportunities to partner, collaborate and increase societal impact across partner relations, nonprofit sales, cause marketing, Business Resource Groups etc.
- Collaborate with agencies and external partners to maximize impact and reinforce strategy execution.
- Partner with leaders across the business to ensure consistency in CSR messaging.
- Partner with cross functional leaders on wide range of ESG topics and provide counsel to advance CDW’s reputation. Lead content development on Corporate Giving/ Community Engagement portions of ESG Report.
- Evaluate industry trends and benchmarks for insights to inform strategy development, leveraging agency relationships.
- Collaborate with the team to identify opportunities to tell the CSR story and provide support to execute on the Corporate Communication and Reputation strategy.
- Serve as company subject matter expert on corporate giving trends; educate and advise senior leaders with recommendations as appropriate.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in driving innovative communications strategies or managing CSR initiatives.
- Critical attention to detail and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven track record of successfully developing and maintaining strategic relationships over time.
- Proven record of successful project management and organizational skills.
- Experience in budget creation & management; ability to track overall charitable investment company-wide and draw relevant insights and recommendations.
- Ability to influence and engage coworkers across functions and senior levels of leadership to achieve results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the company, including senior leadership.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Blackbaud, YourCause etc.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Advanced degree in Integrated Marketing Communications or another communications-related area.
- Robust stakeholder management skills
- Ability to effectively execute under pressure.