This job posting is no longer active
CDWG’s Federal Solutions and Services Practice is focused on strategically enhancing our customer relevancy while continuing to evolve as a solution based Technology Integrator. Our mission involves fundamentally understanding our customers and their initiatives. Doing so, enables our team to strategically and prescriptively develop a solution designed to solve problems and enhance mission effectiveness.
The Federal Client Engagement Manager (CEM) will work with our federal seller community to promote CDWG’s solution based services capability. In addition, the Federal CEM will collaborate with the sellers internally to facilitate and execute CDWG’s Federal Services Engagement process. This position involves participation with processes related to establishing strategic direction, providing client initiative strategy, and assessment engagements within the program to ensure creative and technical success.
An engagement can be comprised of multiple consulting and technical programs each of which can consist of multiple engineering projects. The CEM is analytical, strategic, and articulate, has highly developed business acumen, and excels at directing a cross-functional program team to effectively support the client initiative.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Be the continuity bridge between sales and delivery
• Successfully engage in multiple initiatives and programs simultaneously.
• Analyzes opportunities to provide leadership with various options and the best strategy to secure large program wins.
• Research the customer to understand their environment, politics, limitations, hot points and other factors that will translate to a response that wins
• Build and manage an opportunity pipeline for CDW-G's Federal services.
• Identify deal complexity and prepare for Bring IT Forward deal approval and/or review, if needed.
• Works closely with various stakeholders throughout the company including inside sales teams, field sales, sales management, program management, technical services team, solution architects, capture, counsel, et al.
• Engage necessary internal resources such as Contract Negotiators, Program Managers and other company departments.
• Supports activities to engage outside resources such as vendors, partners and customers.
• Ability to drive a process to understand, vet, prioritize, and resource the best opportunities, while building consensus with other leaders on roles, responsibility, and expectations.
• Conduct detailed discovery meetings, collect requirements and gain mutual understanding of customers’ needs followed by positioning ideal customer success solutions to resolve these needs
• Identify challenges or risk in the business and escalate to leadership for review.
• Engage regularly with assigned sales teams to maintain an open channel of communication.
• Engage with Capture Teams to support the formal pursuit process until award.
• Assists with Identifying and secures potential teaming partners (OEM’s, Primes, Subcontractors, etc.).
• Coordinates with appropriate resources to execute necessary legal and financial agreements, such as NDA’s and Teaming Agreements prior to RFP release.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in business or computer related field or equivalent experience
• Ten or more years of experience in managing complex consulting engagements in a professional services organization that comprises a multi-faceted business program
• Five or more years of experience establishing strategic direction
• Proficient communication, project management, and organizational skills
• Ability to effectively interact and present to all levels of stakeholders
• Self-motivated with a history of working independently
• Ability to build and maintain working relationships
• Proven record of multitasking and identifying priorities
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work in fast-paced, high-pressure environments
• Proven ability to proactively collaborate and build relationships, take initiative, and creatively problem solve
• Demonstrated ability to communicate, lead, build teams, work independently, and recommend business strategies
• High degree of organization and attention to detail with a penchant for accuracy
• Master’s Degree, preferred