This job posting is no longer active
CDWG Federal Solutions and Services Practice provides thought leadership in IT transformation perfectly aligning IT strategy with business process to better leverage resources and infrastructure in achieving quantifiably tangible results to core business initiatives The Client Engagement Manager (CEM) supports the initiation of the consulting sales process for perspective opportunities. The CEM is responsible for managing multiple complex consulting engagements in a professional services organization that comprises a multi-faceted business program. This position is responsible for establishing strategic direction and providing client initiative strategy, financial considerations, and assessment of all engagements within the program to ensure creative and technical success. An engagement can be comprised of multiple consulting and technical programs each of which can consist of multiple engineering projects. The CEM is analytical, strategic, and articulate, has highly developed business acumen, and excels at directing a cross-functional program team to effectively support the client initiative.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Works with internal and external clients to create and support the strategic vision for the engagement, assist clients with business case preparation, strategic and tactical planning as necessary. Strategically and proactively manages the engagement.
- Provide oversight to help define, establish and ensure completion of all consulting and contractual milestones and adherence to timelines and budgets, driving them to meet revenue goals and other performance metrics.
- Review SOW and detailed scope specifications and lead the development and implementation of large complex solutions from initial concept discussions through completion.
- Analyze and resolve escalated client issues that have the potential to jeopardize the ability to meet agreed upon contractual obligations.
- Provides direction and professional guidance for assigned team members, and to actively contribute to the continuous improvement.
- Play a key role in existing and potential client relationships, maintain a target revenues and be proactive in optimizing business results.
- Ensuring all aspects of internal and external engagement communications.
- Establishing and tracking program performance metrics, requirements analysis, program planning, managing program timeline and engagement financials.
- Leads and manages a client focused engagement team, driving them to meet revenue goals and other performance metrics.
- Manage client expectations on all client initiative requirements and deliverables.
- Provides direct oversight of client management within an organization. Additionally, should have touch points with sales, legal and technical staff and others as necessary.
- Lead, collaborate and participate with sales and solutions team(s) on client sales calls, services estimates and sales / client strategies with “C” suite level.
- Own and manage customer satisfaction / loyalty within your customers.
- Ensure that best practices are incorporated in the delivery of services of all pertinent solutions across practice(s) and geographies.
- Expand ongoing projects or opportunities.
- Assist in the development of new service offerings and help drive new service opportunities.
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology and support teams.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives and programs simultaneously.
- Ability to assess feasibility of proposed business initiatives.
- Able to craft deals based on customer requirements and restrictions.
- Participation in engagement definition, scope, objectives, risks and approach.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or computer related field or equivalent experience
- Ten or more years of experience in managing complex consulting engagements in a professional services organization that comprises a multi-faceted business program
- Five or more years of experience establishing strategic direction
- Effective communication skill both oral and written using a variety of styles and techniques appropriate to the audience
- Exceptional meeting facilitation skills
- Excellent creative writing and documentation skills
- Exceptional business skills
- Exceptional leadership and team skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high-pressure environments
- Proven ability to proactively collaborate and build relationships, take initiative, and creatively problem solve
- Expansive knowledge of business and multiple industry verticals
- Previous business management experience preferred
- Broad knowledge of IT infrastructure, applications, operating systems, high availability and IT communications
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, lead, build teams, work independently, and recommend business strategies
- High degree of organization and attention to detail with a penchant for accuracy
- Ability to work weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet clients' needs
- Exceptional technical and non-technical communications skills
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% or as needed to other CDW locations, meetings and client sites
- Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information. Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology. Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize. Ability to apply common sense in performing job. Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines. Ability to travel as needed.
- Master’s Degree, preferred
- PMI or PMP Certification or knowledgeable preferred
- ITIL certification desired
Job Category: Sales General
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 25%