This job posting is no longer active
The objective of everything we do is to grow CDW sales. To be the leading IT solutions provider, we must deliver a simple yet superior experience across all channels and devices. Our teams will drive value for both our customers and internal account managers, while ultimately driving growth for CDW. Our digital experiences can deliver the credibility and proof needed that CDW is the best choice for IT decision-making and management.
The Director, eCommerce Product will lead a team of Product Managers and the product strategy for our online and mobile properties and experiences in order to drive the eCommerce department strategy and deliver business results.
The Director of E-commerce Product Management will have the opportunity to lead the e-commerce product strategy and a talented team of product managers, building upon CDW’s successes to date by delivering customer-facing experiences that delight CDW’s customers and drive tangible business outcomes.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Create a leading eCommerce product organization by unlocking the synergies that exist across a team of product managers. Regularly seek inspiration and improvement by understanding the CDW strategy and business model and the marketplace trends and best practices of product management. Measure success by business outcomes delivered, especially profitable sales growth and increased market share for CDW
- Help define the overall eCommerce strategy to help drive the product vision and strategy, and shares responsibility to deliver to the department’s stated objectives and P&L financial goals
- Define the CDW eCommerce product vision that supports the company’s vision, strategy and direction. Develops and oversees the implementation of processes, and policies that have significant impact upon the organization
- Define and prioritize the eCommerce product development roadmap for the division and company, with a strong product portfolio management analytical approach. Develop budget for specified business unit/product line and is accountable for delivering against business goals/objectives
- Develop short- and long-range product and service strategies
- Act as brand steward and guide online execution to fully represent and elevate the CDW brand
- Lead execution (scope, requirements definition, design and delivery) of top strategic product initiatives
- Shares highly complex information related to areas of expertise. Interacts with senior management to keep abreast of objectives. Interacts with direct reports and peers in management / customers / vendors to interpret information and improve cross-functional processes and programs. Builds and enhances key internal and external contacts
- Make recommendations for the formulation of the strategies and operating plans of the specified area of responsibility based on prevailing conditions execute or adjust the operating plans.
- Perform pre/post launch analysis of each product and drives team financial accountability for results. Sets financial, operational and quality objectives for the unit or product line and develops master operational plans
- Works cross functionally with all business groups to understand emerging customer and business trends that required enhancements or new product features to be developed
- Accountable for growth and optimization of customer awareness, market share and/or specified initiatives. Oversees and directs the work of a high performing team of product managers. Obtains and allocates resources to meet operating plans. Ensures the ongoing training and development of direct reports. Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Enables synergies and efficiencies between the product teams and the eProcurement/Integrations teams to ensure customer needs are met and stated business goals and objectives are met
- Serves as a strong advocate of the product management disciplines and acts as a role model for the rest of the eCommerce Product Management organization. Shares Product Management knowledge and expertise to help educate and grow other Product managers.
- Adept at framing and prioritizing key problems to solve, scoping the projects to address them, and leading cross-functional teams to execute on delivery
- Work effectively with senior level stakeholders to frame and understand existing problems in order to gather requirements on project scope alongside IT peers to enable strategy and objectives for the product managers and their teams
- Proven success in gaining cooperation in situations without any direct authority. Has the ability to influence and win the confidence of multiple stakeholders from differing departments and backgrounds and can manage their expectations uniquely with their personality front of mine
- Leads the eCommerce Product Management team and takes responsibility to ensure all team members understand the product vision, roadmap prioritization, and the value and objectives of all features being worked on
- Demonstrates strong people management skills with the ability to create a collaborative, innovative, and open environment that fosters individual and team satisfaction and success.
- Ability to recognize individual strengths and opportunities while creating complementary development plans that and career management strategies with team members. Has a dedicated focus on the personal development and growth of every team member.
- Effectively communicates the product vision for multiple products and how they fit into the overall product strategy along with how it links with the company’s objectives
- Remain current on all new industry and product management trends while demonstrating and an eagerness to understand and introduce new and innovative ways of working in order to improve the individual and team effectiveness.
- Reviews the competitive marketplace and makes adjustments to operational activities based upon identified information
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for the creative landscape and new technologies and contributing strong, innovative, and relevant creative thinking
- Support teams in product discovery and successful product delivery
- Present and pitch concepts to internal stakeholders while demonstrating best practices, feasibility and delivering on brand continuity
- Oversee prototype development for research
- Form effective workflow processes in collaboration with other areas within eCommerce and externally for increased efficiency
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years of experience of product management in technology, B2B and/or retail industry, directly or through consulting engagements
- 8+ years of leadership experience
- 8+ years of experience in consumer or business facing online commerce
- 8+ years of direct experience working in Dual Track Scrum and implementing projects using the Agile Scrum methodology
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze large volumes of raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to creatively problem solve.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with and present to all stakeholders.
- Brings a strong financial and business discipline to roadmap prioritization
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- MBA in business, direct marketing, mathematics or economics
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
Job Category: E-Commerce
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 10%