Responsible for overseeing the administrative tasks within Legal department or group. Plans, organizes and schedules meetings for the management team or department. Perform work in legal matter management system. Prepare and distribute reports, and maintain departmental files. Prepares and processes invoices. Provide scheduling assistance and project coordination for key events.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Performs work in legal matter management system, such as inputting matter information, daily attorney time and invoices.
- Works on daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports
- Coordinate and arrange business trips, meetings, conferences, and appointments, and also reserve conference room, food service, and handle travel reimbursement as necessary
- Proofread documents, correspondence, etc., to ensure accuracy of copy, grammar, punctuation, and syntax.
- Receive and appropriately route telephone calls, conference calls, and messages
- Type, format, edit, finalize and organize documents including correspondence, spreadsheets, charts, presentations etc.
- Prepare well-written first drafts of documents such as letters, reports, and presentations as needed.
- Tracks and prepares expense reports for department.
- Maintain paper and electronic files.
- Assist with the coordination and tracking of pending assignments and/or projects.
- Interact with business units and outside counsel to effectively process legal documents.
- Schedule and maintain calendars for department members.
- Assist in maintaining office equipment and purchases.
- Assist with special projects and support department operations.
- Orders supplies.
- High school diploma or equivalent; college preferred.
- 2 years in administrative support or customer service role
Other Required Qualifications
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and Visio
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple assignments and priorities and produce work in a timely manner
- Strong interpersonal skills; team player with ability to deal effectively with individuals at all levels
- Proven ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality
- Flexibility in daily work schedule required to accommodate requirements of the position
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Excellent problem solving skills and follow through
- Associate degree in a business related or accounting related program
- Experience in legal environment and matter management systems
- Knowledge of Ledes files and Crystal reporting
- Knowledge of Microsoft Sharepoint
- Extensive Knowledge of the relevant CDW systems used in the department. (Matter management, Directory, Intranet, Internet, etc.)