The senior consultant works with business leaders to to create a competitive advantage through our talent. By designing new programs or making adjustments to existing ones, this role will design and propose scenarios to attract, retain, and motivate top talent.
Specifically, the Sr. Sales Compensation Consultant supports the compensation function through the development of new and support of existing sales compensation plans. The role analyzes compensation data by building financial models to assess financial costs and behavioral impacts of existing and new Sales incentive compensation plans and presents findings and analysis to senior management. The role will also lead some cyclical sales compensation processes, including scorecard and annual plan effectiveness evaluation.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Proactively collaborate with key stakeholders and executives to understand the needs of the business and resolve compensation related issues.
- Organize, report and analyze compensation data from internal systems.
- Prepare necessary presentations, scorecards, trends, and graphical illustrations for leadership reviews of compensation programs.
- Work directly with senior leadership and key stakeholders on compensation related processes and projects.
- Work closely with the Finance Department for firm understanding of the financial plans and any impact that compensation programs may have against sales, gross margin, etc.
- Develop communication tools for internal and external use in support of new programs, incentives as well as changes.
- Conduct job analyses and job evaluations ensuring both internal and external equity.
- Participate in annual salary surveys in order to maintain current competitive data.
- Conduct market analyses to identify competitive practices and trends in specific geographic areas.
- Build detailed financial models to assess compensation data related to all Sales Compensation Programs, including domestic and international, including evaluation of costs and benefit implications of each.
- Collaborate with sales and operational leadership on international work assignments and compensation plans.
- Partner with Commissions and IT in the set up and administration of sales compensation plans.
- Act as a support to the team during quarterly and annual compensation cycles including merit and variable pay increases and compensation committee meetings.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Five years’ working experience in compensation and/or finance.
- Advanced Excel skills with the ability to write complex formulas, work with pivot tables, charts and graphs, and linking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively present data and interact with senior executives.
- Strong analytical skills, with critical attention to detail and demonstrated creative problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to balance competing priorities/projects with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines and providing high quality work.
- History of maintaining sensitive and confidential information.
- Advanced knowledge of sales compensation concepts and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Certified compensation professional (CCP) Certified Equity Professional
- Expertise in Callidus and PeopleSoft