This job posting is no longer active
The Business Development lead develops and executes upon strategic plans to expand and enhance business opportunities within select agencies or accounts within all CDW Business Segments. This individual generates new business through various business development activities including identifying and strategically targeting contracts (BPAs, IDIQs, et al), mentoring inside sales and field sales teams prospecting, networking and building executive-level relationships in targeted agencies and their relevant system integration partners.
Responsible for developing strategic direction driving sales growth specifically for Logitech solutions as well as CDW and Logitech services’ portfolio. Primarily working with CDW and Logitech partner sales teams and technical groups, to develop pipeline and facilitate sales using partner programs as well as incentives to deliver the best solution for the customer while maintaining solution profitability. Selling the value and experience for these solutions and how the technology will enable business objectives.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develops and regularly updates formal opportunity review, including but not limited to strategic account plans, capture strategy, win themes, RFP preparation, gap analysis and strategy to overcome identified obstacles for target opportunities. Presents progress on opportunities and results of efforts to Sales Leaders on a monthly basis.
- Develops relationships with regional companies and uses those relationships to strengthen CDW’s brand with key customers.
- Analyzes opportunities and provides leadership with various options and the best strategy to secure large program wins.
- Works closely with multiple stakeholders at the customer to influence the final requirements of the target opportunity, including executives, program leads, project leads, technical experts and procurement.
- Works closely with various stakeholders throughout the company including inside sales teams, field sales, sales management, program management, finance, counsel, services team, solution architects, et al. Identifies potential business partners (OEM’s, Primes, Subcontractors, etc.).
- Participates as a subject matter expert in conjunction with sales leaders throughout the proposal process. Secures/prepares certain proposal elements, such as past performance and diverse business inclusion plans, in anticipation of RFP requirements.
- Represents company at external business networking opportunities, conferences and events.
- Attends customer onsite meetings, business reviews, and industry days, as needed.
- Coordinates with appropriate resources to execute necessary legal and financial agreements, such as NDA’s and Teaming Agreements prior to RFP release.
- Assists Program Management team with contract launch and sales team education for target contracts to maximize sales potential and contract utilization.
- Develops partner-facing business plans to secure advantageous pricing or appointment to contracts.
- Drives incremental revenue and profit growth through contract wins and strategic sales initiatives.
- Identifies trends in customer purchasing patterns and enacts specific plans to help sales teams capture a greater share of business.
- Identifies key contract opportunities and maintains a 5-year pipeline.
- Participates in annual planning sessions.
- Articulates value proposition to partners and customers.
- Develop and execute Logitech solutions strategy within CDW
- Maintain Logitech training and key note presentations
- Train solution architects on Logitech, ecosystem solutions and services.
- Develop sales enablement material
- Be a thought leader for CDW on Logitech solutions, platforms and services
- Attain monthly, quarterly and annual sales and profitability quota
- Conduct high level and technical conversations and training presentations with customer, solution architects and account managers
- Consistently build and deliver on account and opportunity pipeline
- Drive sales and profit for Logitech and ecosystem solutions
- Follow-up on and qualify leads
- Generate new business opportunities to grow pipeline
- Account mapping of all Logitech opportunities to monitor and enhance the overall sale
- Identify key decision makers and manage the sales process
- Negotiate pricing and incentive programs and facilitate business
- Proactively call into established, targeted accounts
- Increase rapid acceptance of Logitech and ecosystem solutions through:
- Developing a thorough understanding of the solution portfolio
- Defining and articulating a strategy and solution by customer or vertical
- Architecting solutions using the full Logitech and Ecosystem product and solution stack
- Travel as needed
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of experience selling technology to [segment] clients
- 1 year of experience working on large contract pursuits
- Strong understanding of the [segment] market
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in experience
- Minimum five years technology solution selling, consulting, presales or equivalent
- 1 year of experience working on large contract pursuits.
- Strong understanding of the supported technology
- Strong understanding of both on-prem and cloud-based collaboration systems
- Proven track record of organically growing white space
- Strong understanding of Logitech platforms
- History of facilitating comprehensive Solution Sales that include product and services sales
- History of identifying and developing service offerings in conjunction with service delivery teams
- History of developing and demo environments
- Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills in executive and informal settings required.
- Must be knowledgeable or have some related experience in the technical industry
- Able to communicate technical concepts and business solutions
- Demonstrated ability to understand and interact with senior level management CXO levels.
- Ability to craft comprehensive cloud-based solutions and to articulate business benefits of those solutions
- Experience in a collaborative environment
- Motivated seller with strong problem-solving skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge or Logitech and top ecosystem platforms
- Knowledge of CDW business model
- Knowledge of CDW ordering process
- Knowledge of Logitech Partner programs
- Knowledge of strategic use of focus use cases
- Knowledge of Logitech product portfolio
- Understanding of market and customer needs
Job Category: Sales General
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 25%