The Acquisition Manager lead develops and executes upon strategic plans to uncover and expand business opportunities within select agencies or accounts within the assigned business segment “[Corporate Sales]”. This individual generates new business through various enterprise business development activities including identifying and strategically targeting contracts (BPAs, IDIQs, et al), mentoring inside sales and field sales teams prospecting, networking and building executive-level relationships in targeted agencies and their relevant system integration partners.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develop and manage a territory sales strategy (geography and/or market segment) to meet or exceed bookings targets and increase average order sales
- Support the sales and solutions teams in developing/managing customer opportunity pipelines, coordinating proposal development, and engagement in large customer opportunities.
- Be lead customer facing resource on RFP/RFI presentation, assisting with creation and execution.
- Working with supported sales teams, provide weekly/monthly/quarterly opportunity forecasting and visibility activity by keeping a current pipeline using forecasting tools
- Effectively distinguish CDW software offerings from competitors, offer partner product configuration / pricing / program assistance, and present a well-prepared compelling case to the customer for purchase of CDW software solutions
- Guide customer thru contract licensing and contract management decisions through targeted licensing consultatory and ITAM services.
- Evangelize and conduct training and sharing of best practices to close software business.
- Identify selling and marketing tools required to achieve greater sales engagement and close rates.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years of experience selling technology to [segment] clients
- Strong understanding of the [segment] market
- Experience with Shipley, Miller Heiman or other sales methodologies
- Proven ability to influence across all functions of an organization
- Effective communication skills both oral and written using a variety of styles and techniques appropriate to the audience
- Applicant should demonstrate solid attention to detail with a penchant to accuracy
- Demonstrated collaboration behavior with excellent facilitation and negotiation skills
- Strong problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to find solutions while working independently
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities/projects, meet deadlines, facilitate change and delegate responsibility
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% or as needed to other CDW locations, meetings, and client sites
- 5 years of management experience in the [segment]
- Wide network of IT manufacturer contacts