Project and Event Administrator
Coordinates aspects of select projects and events from inception to installation. Involved in interaction with sales leadership, departmental stakeholders and other members of cross-functional teams. Projects will be focused on supporting Strategic Initiatives and Public Sales strategy. Project administration skills, rather than technical skills, are key, but a technical background is often required to manage competing interests. Typically oversees schedules and budgets to ensure goal attainment. This position works closely with Project Managers and Sales Analytics Specialists.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Independently administrates projects adhering to CDW’s project management methodology.
- Monitors, interprets and communicates project budget.
- Aids in identifying proper resources and optimizing schedules, monitoring and adjusting assignments as necessary.
- Acts as Public Sector subject matter expert for Segment and Public events aligning with Events Programming, sales leadership and others.
- Documents, tracks and communicates project issues, aids in bringing to resolution.
- Documents lessons learned and shares appropriately with colleagues.
- Accountable to CDW management for project results.
- Identifies difficult situations and escalates to Business Optimization Manager
- Coordinates team efforts to consistently meet project success factors and exceed expectations.
- Reviews delegated tasks to insure timely and accurate completion.
- Shares lessons learned information across the Strategic Initiatives team.
- Provides the appropriate documentation (high level schedules/timelines, status updates, closure summary, etc.) for projects.
- Communicates all aspects of projects to the appropriate project team members.
- Has clear and concise communication. Leads and facilitates both live and virtual meetings. Keeps meetings on track, on topic and summarizes assigns and publishes follow up items in a timely manner.
- Adapts communication style and medium to the audience needs.
- Works with account team and management to prepare and deliver difficult information.
- Can effectively build consensus with the project team.
- Demonstrates effective listening skills.
- Communicates effectively with Business Optimization Manager and sales leadership.
- Works with team members to gather information and collaborates with project team and management to determine possible/probable impacts to the project, document mitigation steps taken in troubleshooting and communicate these to the team and customer.
- Stays abreast of industry best practices through research, conferences, training seminars and participation in professional associations. Participate actively as a member of virtual teams and assist peers as appropriate. Is a passionate learner, actively looking for opportunities to expand project management skills. Take full advantage of available Education and Certification resources and actively participate in CDW and Partner events.