The Manager of Business Transformation who will lead and manage complex or large projects across a wide-range of functions and supply-chain and commercial processes and technology solutions. The role will leverage continuous improvement and thought leadership to ensure projects and programs are delivered on time and on budget. Additionally, the role will provide updates and identify project challenges along with timely recommendations for risk mitigation.
The Manager of Business Transformation role is responsible for partnering with functional leaders to identify, advise and develop high-quality business strategies that drive revenue growth, improve margins, and yield cost savings or increased productivity. This role is someone who has high levels of proactive ownership and self-motivation, strong analytic skills, the ability to break down complex problems, can navigate an organization, and possess program management and strong communication skills.
- This ideal candidate is one who is self-motivated and enjoys building relationships to bring value to the organization enabled by cross functional teams.
- The Manager will report to the Senior Manager, Director, or VP of Business Transformation.
- Key Areas of Responsibility
The Manager of Business Transformation performs a wide range of duties including, but not limited to the following:
Plan the Program
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to define a scope of a project including hypotheses development, key strategic efforts, and business case analyses to quantify the cost savings or productivity opportunity,
- Executes approved business transformation opportunities to support the organization’s strategic direction,
- Builds business relationships to conduct current-state assessments, evaluate pain points, and discover opportunities to deliver value to the company, and
- Guides and partners with appropriate resources to facilitate the creation of idea documents, business cases, and value plans.
Organize and Communicate the Program
- Identifies, plans, and develops realistic and executable roadmaps, communication plans, governance structures, and resources required for execution,
- Communicates all aspects of projects to the appropriate stakeholders utilizing communication plan template(s), and
- Communicates with clients and other stakeholders to gain support and solicit input for the program.
Manage and Deliver the Program
- Coordinates the execution of program activities and identifies, evaluates, and mitigates risks associated with program activities. Keeps meetings on track and on topic, summarizes assignments, and publishes follow-up items in a timely manner.
- Monitors program activities regularly and recommends changes to enhance the program, as appropriate.
- Balances and manages multiple projects, ensuring clear project definitions upfront (e.g., project scope, objectives, work streams, resources, timelines, communication, and challenges) on time and on budget.
- Collaborates with project managers and leaders on processes, tools, and best practices to deliver high impact results.
- Acts as a trusted advisor, works in a highly collaborative team environment, and can “connect the dots”.
Data and Process Analysis for the Program
- Builds business cases and ROI calculations by collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Delivers analyses and insights to identify potential solutions through clear communication and reports.
- Performs gap analyses through interviews and focus groups to determine areas that need to be addressed based on current versus future state.
- Structures ongoing or ad hoc analyses and provides thought leadership needed to evaluate performance and drive business decisions (including defining logic, business rules, and assumptions).
- Tracks program value and validates opportunity value assessments.
Change Management for the Program
- Collaborates with business stakeholders to create or contribute to change enablement strategies and plans, including training and communications to impacted audience throughout the program.
- Works with project teams to conduct effective change impact assessments, readiness assessments, and stakeholder analysis.
- Develops, delivers, and manages communication, stakeholder, training, engagement, adoption, and resistance management plans.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or demonstrated, equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in process redesign, consulting, business analysis i.e. presenting and reporting on program plans and cost-benefit analysis to appropriate stakeholders, executives and senior management.
- 5+ years of experience project managing, planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- And a minimum 3 years of experience of direct leadership and/or cross functional team leadership.
- Master’s degree
- PMP Certification or Agile delivery methodology experience
- Six Sigma or similar certification
- Demonstrated ability to teach and mentor team members and other professionals
- Business operations design and analysis
- Demonstrated ability to take a business need and offer a strategic solution with the company’s direction in mind
- Demonstrated ability to lead enterprise wide, resource intensive, and highly complex initiatives
- Ability to work effectively with and support the needs of project team members, the IT PMO, and business stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to influence stakeholders for a positive outcome
- Driver of excellent work products and a consistently high level of service
- Ability to manage competing priorities and demonstrate adaptability in meeting prioritized deadlines
- A relationship builder able to team effectively with others and build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with coworkers of all levels
- Experience using software design support tools and productivity suites such as Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Project