This job posting is no longer active
The Senior Manager provides strategic leadership, insight, structure, management, tools, training and processes to effect organizational change efforts. This role provides expertise and guidance over initiatives that drive a high performance culture aligned to the goal of creating a challenging and rewarding workplace. This individual is also responsible for partnering with Business Partners to plan and facilitate coworker enablement priorities to align with coworker talent and professional development priorities.
The Senior Manager Sales Capability is responsible for orchestrating the design, development, facilitation and execution of training and enablement programs for CDW's coworkers and leaders.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Assess business challenges; diagnose initiatives and opportunities in a proactive manner to implement solutions that positively impact organizational effectiveness.
- Strategically link strategies with high priority business needs, anticipate emerging needs, and ensure access to “best practice” technology and training innovations.
- Provide leadership and assist in the development and implementation of short and long-term strategic projects and initiatives.
- Collaborate with all levels of stakeholders to define needs and translate business requirements into performance objectives.
- Drive the development, management and execution of plans to ensure effective resource allocation, commitment from project team members and attainment of business requirements.
- Implement methods to track, measure, compile and summarize enablement efforts to quantify effectiveness of performance interventions and ensure consistent quality and business impact. Provide feedback and coaching when expectations are not met.
- Continue to evolve processes and tools to deliver a seamless experience to internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead the team to design and develop instructional materials (instructor-led course materials, eLearning, blended solutions, job aids, etc.), performance improvement solutions (process redesign, job tools, etc.) and change management strategies (executive communications, webinars, change readiness meetings, road shows, etc.).
- Manage a team of coworkers and managers and develop abilities in training design, development and delivery, coaching and performance management. Responsible for managing a staff of professionals located in both centralized and decentralized locations.
- Build a talent pool that creates bench strength and allows for succession planning.
- Identify, develop and implement performance solutions for coworkers.
- Provide strategic vision and leadership for learning initiatives.
- Provide leadership, coworker development and effectiveness support services to the organization.
- Up to 20% travel.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- 10 years of work experience in Sales, Marketing, Learning and Development, Organizational Capabilities, and/or Product and Partner Management
- 4 years’ experience leading and managing a team
- Strategic thinker with strong business acumen. Proven ability to identify problems, examine situations from multiple angles, and propose solutions that balance innovation and practicality for desired impact.
- Strong business acumen with an understanding of business functions, drivers of company performance, and financials.
- Exceptional project manager. Driven to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the business's changing needs. Calm under pressure and resilient when faced with a change in direction or challenges.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including interviewing, ability to deliver impactful presentations to key stakeholders at all levels, including senior leadership, and a track record of successful project implementation.
- Strong stakeholder management and customer service skills. Demonstrated ability to build relationships and effectively collaborate with all levels of leaders across business functions, including senior leadership. Anticipates customer needs and highly responsive to requests. Maintains confidentiality.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Successful track record of managing and effecting organizational change for a variety of clients.
- Demonstrated ability to implement efficient and effective organizational interventions.
- Masters degree in Business, Human Resources, Organizational/management, or Instructional Design or equivalent experience.
- Experience working in a large, multi-location corporate environment with a domestic and international presence.
- Experience working in a sales organization, in the technology industry, and/or a Business-to-Business (B2B) environment.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and managing large vendor relationships.
Job Category: Human Resources
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 25%