The Field ETS (Enterprise Technology Strategist) is a critical role for the Digital Workspace Solutions (DWS) Pre-Sales team. The DWS team within CDW is responsible for selling Digital Workspace solutions and services to help customers meet their business objectives. Including but not limited to Collaboration, Mobility, Endpoint and Productivity solutions.
Each Field ETS covers a region or vertical expertise and has 15+ years in technology solutions, pre-sales and/or engineering. They work to implement our customer’s business strategy through the balanced portfolio of Solutions by:
- Developing an understanding and capability to position CDW Digital Workspace Solutions in key areas including Calling, Meeting, Customer Experience, Document Sharing, Device and User Management approaches to delivering successful outcomes. The ETS, in conjunction with pre-sales Solution resources, will perform requirements gathering and will lead the efforts to deliver business outcome-led proposals.
- Positioning the value of services engagement methodology will be key to the success in positioning DWS and will lead to success in maximizing Practice GP. The ETS will coordinate and lead the efforts to develop requirements and deliver customer Statements of Work around all services engagements.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Drive DWS services and solution growth in their key markets through a combination of evangelism, public speaking and thought leadership. They will also guide new DWS services by leveraging industry analysis and building key OEM relationships.
- Participate in business strategy development and standardization of delivery methodologies within DWS.
- Lead delivery efforts for customers and internal projects at early stages of customer or product development lifecycles.
- Training, Envisioning and Planning Workshops
- Build customer high level designs and roadmaps for technology adoption
- Take on Product Ownership role for leading internal product development vision, design and roadmaps
- Establish and maintain strong partnerships with vendor partners
- Increase awareness of CDW's value proposition within accounts through regular and consistent strategic account planning
- Demonstrate good teamwork with coworkers and follow the specific directives of the CDW management team
- Build and manage an opportunity pipeline for CDW's DWS. Focus on driving and closing DWS category and services revenue to achieve the overall DWS revenue and gross profit targets
- Demonstrate the ability to scope engagements to a high degree of accuracy with appropriate assistance and review from CDW and partner Pre-Sales and post-sales resources.
- Be a primary contact and sales resource for all local CDW Field Account Executives, Advanced Technology Account Executives, Account Managers, Inside Sales Representatives and customers.
- Be knowledgeable (industry expert) about products, applications, technical service, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical services. Maintain credible knowledge of competing technologies and solutions.
- Exceed category revenue and profit goal consistently while attaining high customer satisfaction.
- Exceed services revenue and gross margin targets consistently while attaining high customer satisfaction.
- Understand CDW services offerings; help develop services quotes for customers as part of a total advanced technology solution.
- Understand client business drivers and needs. Provide input on strategies to drive revenue for solutions and the overall CDW DWS practice.
- Provide management oral and written reports on the client needs, problems, interests, market situation, competitive activities, and potential for new products/services.
- Conduct presentations online and in-person to existing and prospective clients.
- Conduct client interviews to collect detailed information and to assist in the calculation of TCO and ROI and success criteria/metrics for collaboration opportunities. Present findings to customers.
- Help to create client-facing business development activities, solution adoption roadmaps, case studies, perform demand generation and perform all follow-ups to business development activities.
- Coordinate prospect meetings, teleconferences, and communications.
- Leverage multiple CDW and partner sales channels, including Field Sales Teams.
- Participate in client seminars, conferences and workshops as necessary.
- Participate in alpha, beta, early field trial processes as necessary.
- Understand collaboration market trends, identify gaps and present solutions to close the gap to deliver value-added solutions to maintain customer relevance and instill CDW as the trusted partner.
- Create comprehensive and holistic solutions utilizing CDW and partner resources to deliver unified solution proposals.
- Performing non-billable work at clients (Consulting Engagements)
- Lead technical architecture & engineering efforts with customers as they pertain to your domain areas of expertise.
- Training and Mentoring Engineers to mature operational knowledge and disciplines to support DWS business lines of service.
- Meet training and certification requirements for selected vendors (Cisco, Microsoft, VMware, Citrix, Poly, Logitech, RingCentral, Five9, Etc.)
- Travel estimate is ~30% (post COVID19 period)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Administration or ten years or more of IT sales or solution architecture experience
- 25 years of industry experience and 5+ years of experience in a role similar to ETS, CIO, VP/Dir of Engineering, VP/Dir of Operations, VP/Dir of Product Development will be considered in lieu of degree.
Other Required Qualifications
- Thorough knowledge of data center solutions, management consulting and business outcome modeling
- Ten Years or more of professional services sales experience
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills including consulting skills
- Strong Oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with G-Suite, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to present/speak in front of an audience greater than 100 people.
- Five to ten years of successful sales track record with selling on and off premise Digital Workspace solutions including but not limited to calling, video conferencing, contact center, endpoint management and configuration, document sharing, mobile solutions, document retention, backup, disaster recovery and productivity solutions. Software development and agile experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct conversations with C-Level individuals as well as lines of business executives where selling solutions are the focus
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong presentations and solutions collateral
- Demonstrated ability to train a portion of company’s sellers regarding DWS trends products and services with increased data center fluency as a measurement of success