This role facilitates training and coaching for new coworkers. This position collaborates with the Sales management team to implement a first-class onboarding program that supports CDW’s strategies and business goals. This role is involved in assisting in the design, development, and implementation of training solutions.
The Sales Instructor is responsible for executing the Sales Academy curriculum and program.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Train and facilitate sessions for new coworkers.
- Coach new coworkers to develop and refine required skills.
- Ensure successful daily program execution including; classroom/workshop management, maintenance of all necessary training and development records, testing and measurement processes, self-paced learning, e-learning, and partner training.
- Monitor new hire performance, address performance issues, deliver constructive feedback and develop recommendations for improvement.
- Collaborate with the management team to share best practices and support department initiatives.
- Participate on project teams to design and develop participant and instructional materials.
- Identify opportunities for continuous program improvement and establish business case recommendations for changes.
- Continuously develop facilitation, instructional design, and project management skills based on leading edge concepts.
- Maintain an awareness of developments in the learning and development field to ensure that CDW continues to take advantage of best practices.
- Train and facilitate sessions for new sellers during Phase I and II of the Sales Academy, which may include, but are not limited to:
- How to Sell (sales skills)
- What to Sell (technical solutions)
- Tools to Sell (CDW systems, processes and resources)
- Coaching (one-on-one and group coaching)
- L.A.U.N.C.H (CDW Coworker Onboarding)
- Assess individual needs of participants in programs and offer support to meet identified needs.
- Up to 10% travel. (For Illinois based positions, must be flexible to work in the Chicago and Lincolnshire offices as business dictates).
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3 years’ CDW experience as a seller or 3 years’ experience facilitating sales and technical training.
- Demonstrated sales and/or technical ability.
- Strong creative problem solving and solution skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with and present to stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain productive and collaborative relationships cross-functionally.
- Aptitude for new concepts and technologies with the ability to quickly put them into practical use.
- Track record of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to have regular, predictable attendance.
- Ability to operate a computer and other equipment in a way that models to others use of that same software, hardware, or equipment.
- Ability to uphold the stress of traveling.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions and guidelines, as well as understand, remember and communicate routine, factual information.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word, communicating orally with others accurately, loudly, and quickly.
- Ability to apply common sense in performing job.
- Ability to organize and prioritize own work schedule.
- Ability to coach and mentor.
- Knowledge of the Technology Industry.
- Demonstrated facilitation experience with a successful track record of increasing participants knowledge, performance and effectiveness.
- Background in Education or related field.