The Data Science and Analytics COE is responsible for leading the creation and development of the overall strategy and direction of data science and advanced analytics at CDW – including ensuring continuity and seamless extension of existing programs, the development of a short- and long-term vision and roadmap, and defining and institutionalizing the role that data and analytics play throughout the organization as the fuel that drives and shapes CDW’s priorities and serves as an accelerant for CDW’s progress.
The Principal Analytics Architect will play a key role in internal and external data science and AI products along with advisory services. The use cases include real time provisioning of insights leveraging unstructured data systems as well as big data systems with complex reporting and business intelligence requirements. This role will help evaluate and improve existing data structures and play a crucial role in creating evolutionary models for current and future products.
The ideal candidate will work with various business and Technology stakeholders to lead and contribute to the definition of an overarching analytics strategy and architecture that will align investments with the highest impact areas, while producing a suite of complementary models and technologies. This role will be responsible for designing and building interactive dashboards and ML infused data products. The ideal candidate will design and implement an enterprise grade Analytics platform, define best practices, set up visualization guidelines, lead and provide technical uidance, and serve as a mentor to other team members. This role will also provide leadership in areas of specific technical knowledge with significant experience in complex data visualization platforms.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Define and design enterprise-grade analytics solutions for internal customers.
- Develop and maintain BI infrastructure architectural design and technical configurations.
- Provide frameworks, reference architectures and accurate estimates for the implementations.
- Experience developing secure, high performing, reliable, and scalable Power BI solutions using the Microsoft Azure tool suite and related technologies.
- Document policies, best practices, standards and procedures (workflows) for reporting systems and services.
- Keep abreast of and learn new analytics technologies in order to provide guidance to the team and the users.
- Serve as a SME on Microsoft BI Stack and collaborate with other reporting teams and SMEs.
- Design and implement data visualization and interactive dashboards, complex reporting, self-service BI, data KPIs, and scorecards, predictive, prescriptive, and descriptive analytics.
- Partner with others in the organization to deliver strategies and functionality related to integrated report delivery and enhancements.
- Engage with Technology and Business stakeholders to understand impact of new system development or changes to reporting.
- Strong analytical thinking for translating data into informative visuals and reports.
- Proficient in making DAX queries in Power BI desktop.
- Ability to integrate Power BI reports into other applications using embedded analytics like Power BI service (SaaS), or by API automation.
- Clearly communicate technical details to business and management.
- Provide meaningful feedback and coaching in the use of Power BI and related technologies
- Provide insights and recommendations on new and emerging technologies and concepts.
- Lead the consultative development of data products to business problems that leverage thought leadership.
- Share the evaluation criteria, fitment, pros and cons of various technologies with internal and external customers.
- Partner with business and enterprise data leaders to provide technical advice on data technologies and trends.
- Guide and mentor data engineering and data science teams to raise collective technical expertise.
- Demonstrate a bias for architecture principles balanced with tactical timelines, cost and risks.
- Embrace and affect domain-centric design and architecture principles of security, scale, uptime and reliability.
- Define Micro services Infrastructure by analyzing currently used platform architecture, technology, and tools.
- Provide consulting to Technology and data engineering organizations on best practices for designing applications to enable easy analytics; be an expert on large-scale BI initiatives.
- Actively participate in industry forums, publish white papers, or present at conferences.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, Statistics or other related fields.
- 7 years’ experience in a Senior Developer/Architect level role in business intelligence.
- Experience in leading architecture teams and managing implementation projects that utilize big data, advanced analytics and machine learning technologies.
- Hands-on data architect with in-depth, hands-on knowledge of foundational analytics architecture.
- Experience in NoSQL and cloud implementations.
- Strong understanding of data and information architecture, including experience with Big Data, Relational databases, streaming and batch data processing.
- Strong experience building end-to-end data view with focus on integration.
- Ability to effectively present information, interact with and respond to questions from managers, employees, customers and vendors.
- Demonstrated experience in teaching and/or mentoring professionals.
- Execute requests with strong attention to detail and strong time-management skills.
- Passion to evangelize data science, teach others and learn new techniques.
- Data Science and Advanced Analytics Required Qualifications:
- Expert Level - Experience with scripting languages use (Python, R, Jupyter Notebooks, Java, Scala).
- 7+ years of experience in Microsoft BI stack with advanced knowledge of Power BI.
- Experience in performance tuning of Power BI reports/dashboards, scheduling Reports/Direct query etc.
- Understanding of Azure and its data services.
- Knowledge of Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL DW and Azure SQL environments.
- Knowledge of dimensional modelling and data warehousing concepts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and O365.
- Superior documentation and organizational skills. Must be detail oriented.
- Excellent critical-thinking skills with the ability to research and analyze data retrieved from multiple sources.
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Expert Level -Data Warehouse Solutions: Redshift, Snowflake, Postgres.
- Expert Level -Data Exploration: Alteryx, TalenD, H2O etc.
- Advanced Level – Github, Maven etc. – Modern code organizer and build process for about half of our applications.
- Advanced Level – Swagger – Experience with modern features for the API including an automatically generated user interface.
- Experience working for consumer or business-facing digital brands.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Math, Engineering, Statistic, Economics, Operation Research, Data Science,
- Computer Science or related quantitate field.