CDW’s vision is to be the best national provider of Advanced Technology Solutions. We will achieve this reputation by continuing to delight our customers and being the employer of choice for Advanced Technology Solutions. Senior Consulting Engineers at CDW are smart, hard-working Engineers who enjoy teaming with other best and brightest Engineers on highly visible, technically challenging projects and offerings. We are looking for high-caliber, well-rounded professionals who are passionate about emerging technology, projects and consulting.
· Provide client consultation: perform analyses of customer security needs and recommend, design, and implement secure server and network environments.
· Provide technology support: install, maintain, upgrade, and troubleshoot servers, networks, firewalls, VPNs, and other security products, providing solutions to complex hardware/software problems.
· Test LAN/WAN/WLAN security products: implement test plans, evaluate test equipment and design test networks, and aid in the development of automated test suites.
· Effectively communicate security policy and technology issues and product capabilities through both high-quality written documents unstructured interviews to all levels of client.
· Keep up to date with network security issues and products; develop and compete an education plan to grow your skills consistent with client needs.
· Participate in various IT projects intended to continually improve/upgrade converged network solutions.
· Follow life-cycle oriented processes and procedures.
· Troubleshoot, maintain, upgrade, and provide solutions to complex hardware/software problems.
· Assist in the management of projects using CDW's project management methodology.
· Regularly interface with technical and business staff of customers, including the project sponsor and stakeholders of projects in more complex engagements.
· Serve as technical point of contact on customer engagements.
· Create and execute test plans to meet project requirements for assigned components.
· Identify and communicate potential opportunities for cross-selling to the sales team.
· Manage time and expense to meet or exceed expectations defined in the Statement of Work.
· Provide high quality content deliverables using the appropriate document templates.
· Ensure solution is implemented as designed to the customer’s satisfaction and approval.
· Work with Professional Services Managers, ATAE's, Project Managers and customers to manage expectations and timelines to ensure expectations and commitments are being met.
· Conducts/leads design workshops for complex designs to meet customer, business and technical objectives.
· Proactively develops plans and activities to avoid problems.
· Educates the customer on solution as appropriate throughout the life of the project or service life.
· Bachelor degree in business, computer science, a related technical degree or equivalent
· Five years’ experience delivering complex technical solutions including planning, development, implementation and support
· Minimum 2 years consulting experience
· Experience designing, implementing, and upgrading of Cisco security solutions such as ISE 1.x, ACS 3.x/4.x/5.x, ASA firewalls, and Anyconnect VPN technologies
· Experience designing, implementing, and upgrading of Cisco SourceFire Solutions such as ASA integration, IPS Appliances, and FireAMP Endpoints
· Experience designing and implementing IDS/IPS solutions
· Minimum of one year experience in programming or analytical work
· Knowledge of security specialty areas such as policy, disaster avoidance and recovery planning, technical investigations, or risk analysis
· Ability to work weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet clients' needs
· Ability to effectively communicate with clients
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders
· Proven ability to maintain and create technical documentation for the enterprise-level customers
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to demonstrate solid attention to detail and a penchant for accuracy
· History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
· Attention to detail on inventory and logistics is important
· Physically able to push, pull or lift up to 50 pounds of equipment. The team lift system must be utilized for loads weighing more than 50 pounds
· Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% or as needed to other CDW locations or client sites
· Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information. Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology. Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize. Ability to apply common sense in performing job. Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines. Ability to travel as needed.
· Experience implementing policy-based design for firewalls a plus
· Consulting experience preferred
· Experience implementing, migrating, and upgrading Cisco IronPort Email Security Appliance – AMP, DLP, and Encryption a plus
· Experience implementing, migrating, and upgrading Cisco IronPort Web Security Appliance
· CCNA, CCNP or CCDP certification preferred