The Head of Enterprise Architecture will be a member of CDW’s Technology Senior Leadership Team and manage the Enterprise Architecture team. The major focus for this position will be leading the development of CDW’s Enterprise Architecture practice and deliver business value through the successful implementation of the roadmap.
This role will lay out the future state of business, logical and technical architectures across the enterprise, and will collaborate with senior technology and business leaders to develop a rationalization plan for the enterprise’s technical ecosystem. This role will also create an end-state architecture with a deep understanding of the business vision/drivers/objectives across multiple business lines so that the over-arching enterprise strategy can be realized. He/she will drive alignment to a shared technical vision as well as roadmap through a small team of senior level technical architects, partnering with the technology segments embedded with the businesses, shared technology teams, information security, and infrastructure leads to ensure success to achieving that end-state vision.
This position independently interfaces with key senior leader level stakeholders from all business segments, delivery organizations and functional areas of technology and the business lines.
This role has ultimate accountability for ensuring the vision for CDW’s future state enterprise architecture is realized across the enterprise in order to achieve CDW’s strategy.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Build and lead an Architecture Realization Council comprised of direct and indirect technical resources from across CDW
- Guide the development of architectural standards, processes and tools that drive predictability, consistency, performance, quality and satisfaction in accordance company and industry standards and best practices.
- Define and deliver reference architectures, prescriptive architecture and design patterns for the Technology organization with a hybrid poly cloud strategy in mind.
- Ensure the technical and business strategies are aligned and we have a clear view of all systems and platforms and how they tie into critical business functions and needs
- Partner with peer Senior Technology Leaders to develop a governance policy and Technology Governance process for data, applications and security infrastructure.
- Provide advice and explanations for business partners in business process design and system development, including application architecture, security architecture, data architecture and integration architecture.
- Responsible for Application Portfolio Management, working with enterprise architects, experts and decision makers to accurately define requirements; provide ongoing support for data, applications and systems to support the CDW mission.
- Keep current on technology and vendor roadmaps and make insights available to the organization.
- Assist with due diligence on M&A activity as well as develop future state roadmaps for any integration post M&A.
- Actively promotes the mission of the company within and outside the organization
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in technology, engineering or related field
- 10+ years progressive Technology experience; 5 or more years management and strategic experience
- Must be self-motivated and results oriented with proven ability to drive change and results.
- High proficiency with cloud services and technology transformations
- Strong knowledge of Application/Data/Integration architecture.
- Experience designing systems for cloud, security, disaster recovery and business continuity
- Comprehensive knowledge of hardware, software, application, and systems engineering
- Ability to establish, implement, and enforce appropriate standards to meet business requirements
- Strong team player, skilled at collaborating and influencing, collaborating at all levels of the organization. Ability to engage in conversation with Sr. level leaders in the organization (i.e. VP level business partners, Technology Sr. Leadership team and CTO)
- Strong client service orientation and CDW business acumen with ability to bring a customer-centric perspective to all situations
- History of balancing technical debt as an advantage enabler and a tool
- Demonstrated continuous improvement and continuous learning mindset
- Experience with ambiguity and willing to take principled bets on new technology
- Demonstrated capability as a lifecycle problem solver (idea - > implementation)
- Experience transforming legacy monolithic applications using modern techniques and principles
- Ability to “think big” and challenge conventional wisdom and cultivate a culture of openness, transparency and inclusion and build, maintain, and grow high-performing architecture teams globally and drive innovation
- Strong prioritization skills valuing the pursuit of sustainable business advantage
- Experience with TOGAF or another EA Framework experience
- Technical consulting across multiple industries or deep CDW business knowledge
- Experience leading an Enterprise Architecture function a significant plus