The Business Transformation team helps transform CDW’s business operation model to drive efficiency, increase effectiveness, and improve the customer and coworker experience by identifying opportunities that free up capacity, reduce operating costs and drive more revenue. The Senior Business Analyst, Business Transformation role works closely with business leaders, stakeholders and subject matter experts to understand current state processes, validate and quantify the value of the opportunity being assessed and develop a business case around future state recommendations. This role will also lead business and functional requirements gathering activities, business solution design and systems analysis. This role also designs, documents, measures and optimizes key business processes.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Collaborate with stakeholders to clarify, prioritize and validate project requirements and business objectives.
- Collect data and perform data analysis to support validation of potential opportunity value
- Create process workflows and identify bottlenecks and opportunities to improve the process
- Engage key stakeholders and subject matter experts to capture pain points/issues
- Decompose business problems and work with the project team to determine the root cause and provide solution alternatives
- Derive a detailed understanding of the stated business problem and objectives and work with the stakeholder and technical team toward resolution to achieve the objectives.
- Support workshop facilitation to collect and document future state opportunities and requirements
- Perform quantitative & qualitative analysis to help justify the investment necessary to deliver potential solutions.
- Support business case development including detailed costs and benefits along with associated risks and risk mitigation plans
- Support development of implementation plans
- Gather and prepare supporting analysis and design documentation from a business perspective
- Work with QA team to develop system test plans and validate that business goals are accomplished
- Drive alignment of project objectives and solutions to organizational business strategies and objectives
- Serve as an internal consultant for cross-functional collaboration & knowledge sharing
- Negotiate and facilitate to drive consensus on solution scope and objectives
- Maintain macro-view of key processes, application platforms, and business
- Build credibility and trust across stakeholder groups.
- Develop strong internal relationships with key stakeholders and subject-matter experts across the organization.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations, Finance, Technology, or related fields
- 5 years of experience within finance, data analytics, management consulting, or strategy
- Demonstrated work experience in process definition including facilitation, process documentation, and process improvement
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal and communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders
- Successful track record of presenting, facilitating, and leading meetings, tailoring messages to the given audience stakeholders
- Critical thinker
- Creative problem solver
- Strong analytical skills
- Data-driven mindset and approach
- Outstanding presentation skills
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
- Critical attention to detail
- Demonstrated negotiation and persuasion skills, with the ability to enable win-win resolutions
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- Change management experience
- Experience in data modeling in excel or other tools (advanced equations and functions, index-match, calculated fields in pivot tables, writing macros, multiple data consolidation)
- Proven facilitation skills of project and system requirements