The Business Development Manager lead develops and executes upon strategic plans to uncover and expand business opportunities within select agencies or accounts within the assigned business segment. This individual generates new business through various enterprise business development activities including identifying and strategically targeting contracts (BPAs, IDIQs, et al), mentoring inside sales and field sales teams prospecting, networking and building executive-level relationships in targeted agencies and their relevant system integration partners.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Support the sales and solutions teams in developing/managing customer opportunity pipelines, coordinating proposal development, and engagement in large customer opportunities.
- Be lead customer facing resource on RFP/RFI presentation, assisting with creation and execution.
- Working with supported sales teams, provide weekly/monthly/quarterly opportunity forecasting and visibility activity by keeping a current pipeline using forecasting tools
- Effectively distinguish CDW from competitors, offer partner product configuration / pricing / program assistance, and present a well-prepared compelling case to the customer for purchase of CDW solutions
- Guide customer thru contract licensing and contract management decisions
- Identify selling and marketing tools required to achieve greater sales engagement and close rates
- Understand customer’s business requirements such as small/diverse business preference, digital integration, sustainability, procurement law, and corporate & social responsibility policy
- Develop multi-year enterprise account plan with milestones and metrics; including Professional Services strategy
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3 years of experience selling technology to clients
- Strong understanding of the [segment] market
- Excellent presentation and communication skills both oral and written using a variety of styles and techniques appropriate to the audience
- Ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously and adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
- Proven ability to proactively collaborate and build relationships, take initiate, and creatively problem solve
- History of successfully coordinating complex projects with multiple facets and stakeholders
- Ability to be discrete and maintain confidentially
- Applicant should demonstrate solid attention to detail with a penchant for accuracy
- Highly organized with the ability to coordinate and orchestrate cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical and planning skills and creative thinking.
- Knowledge of government and education procurement budgets and procurement cycles
- Strong presentation skills, both in person and via tele/video conference
- Diplomatic persistence
- High energy and team-oriented candidate.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% or as needed to other CDW locations or client sites
- Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information. Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology. Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize. Ability to apply common sense in performing job. Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines. Ability to travel as needed.
- Advanced degree is related field
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, solid management skills, and success in business development