The Sr Business Analyst, Revenue Systems is responsible for the oversight of system reconciliation, analysis and related accounting duties principally for the revenue subledger application and related interfacing systems. The role provides technical support and guidance on troubleshooting system issues for Revenue Accounting.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Serve as lead in system interface reconciliation and analysis of various feeds from sales applications into Revpro subledger and into upstream systems such as PeopleSoft GL and Data Warehouse.
- Collaborate with IT, Revenue and Operations Teams to define business requirements in order to account for new products or business scenarios.
- Serve as a lead in driving system changes impacting the revenue subledger, from issue identification to implementation. Conduct requirements discussions, lead testing and prepare supporting documentation.
- Identify opportunities to drive process improvements and efficiencies through working with various cross functional teams and stakeholders.
- Independently resolve identified discrepancies and irregularities.
- Ensure accuracy and timely execution of monthly, quarterly and year-end closes.
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of internal and SOX controls.
- Update and maintain various system user process documentation (RevPro Training, Data Warehouse Entries).
- Maintain a strong internal control and audit environment.
- Analyze system issues impacting Revenue Accounting to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures.
- Collaborate cross-functionally on improving business results and processes.
- Ad-hoc projects as assigned.
- Serve as mentor to junior team members.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or IT.
- 4-5 years of relevant experience in accounting, finance, financial systems or IT.
- Financial ERP solution systems and/ or financial reporting systems knowledge.
- Must be flexible, organized and able to accurately work under time constraints and deadlines.
- Proven project management, planning and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to effectively document processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate to all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain collaborative working relationships cross-functionally.
- Proven track record in problem analysis with the ability to creatively problem solve.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- General knowledge of US GAAP and basic accounting principals.
- Strong knowledge of how financial systems and applications (RevPro, AS400) function, proven troubleshooting and resolution skills.
- Ability to articulate accounting issues in IT acumen and work with cross functional teams to resolve.