The Data Science and Analytics COE is responsible for leading the creation and development of the overall strategy and direction of data science and advanced analytics at CDW – including ensuring continuity and seamless extension of existing programs, the development of a short- and long-term vision and roadmap, and defining and institutionalizing the role that data and analytics play throughout the organization as the fuel that drives and shapes CDW’s priorities and serves as an accelerant for CDW’s progress.
The Business Analyst will play an important role in Data Science and AI team to foster value creation from the use of the organization's data assets, as well as the external data ecosystem. The responsibilities include value creation through data discovery, envisioning data-enabled strategies and enabling all forms of business insights and outcomes through analytics. The expectation is to identify and report on trends and patterns found within data and make recommendations for business and process improvement.
This role works with the business users to understand requirements and communicate with the Data Product teams to meet the data and insight needs at the enterprise level.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Partner with business leaders to understand key objectives to design optimized data products.
- Research new and emerging data platforms and trends.
- Contribute to key and strategic initiatives from concept to product levels, not limiting to data analysis, but exploring further on industry best practices and data architecture, driving innovative ideas and data research.
- Perform data quality activities (data quality rule creation, edit checks, identification of issues, root cause analysis, value case analysis, remediation planning, and monitoring).
- Assist with improvements to maximize value of data.
- Support data innovation and transformation efforts across the enterprise.
- Develop KPI’s and KRI’s for the data function to create dashboards.
- Leverage general business experience with knowledge to convert high level business objectives into functional and technical requirements, user stories and specifications.
- Participate in workshops with all the relevant teams including business, technology, compliance and testing organizations to define the business value, KPI trees and contribute to the initiatives.
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Collect and analyze process data to initiate and recommend business practices and procedures that focus on increased productivity and reduced cost.
- Assess and document the structure, quality and compliance of source data, data tracking and tagging.
- Map attributes to source including identification and documentation of transformation algorithms, scoring mechanisms, as necessary.
- Document business, data and technical specifications.
- Present data availability, insights and accuracy to business users.
- Actively research on the industry trends.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- 2 years of relevant work experience as a data scientist / Machine Learning expert.
- Working experience with business analysis teams that utilize big data, advanced analytics and machine learning technologies.
- Basic knowledge of SQL, NOSQL, Big Data and Cloud Technologies.
- Ability to cultivate and develop stakeholder relationships.
- Strong experience building end-to-end data views
- Ability to effectively present information, interact with and respond to questions from managers, employees, customers and vendors.
- Execute requests with strong attention to detail and strong time-management skills.
- Passion to explore new technologies and trends in data science.