The primary focus of the Commissions team is to ensure the accuracy of commissions earned by Sales coworkers as well as the timely payment of those commissions, to assist with monthly closings and account analysis, and to provide quality support through analysis and reporting.
The Financial Analyst coordinates the financial reporting needs of internal customers and provides quality support through analysis and reporting. This role is responsible for providing insightful process improvements ensuring optimized efficiency, and for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Partners with key internal customers and cross functional teams to provide valuable financial analysis.
- Contributes to daily, monthly, and quarterly analysis, reporting, and presentations.
- Prepares analysis to support corporate projects and initiatives
- Provides timely, insightful, actionable, and accurate analysis and recommendations to key areas in the organization.
- Assists and maintains significant metrics and maintenance of existing reports that is shared with management.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual accounts.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- Ensure proper revenue and expenses are recognized in accordance with GAAP.
- Prepare journal entries.
- Ensure financial close and reporting deadlines are met.
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end closes.
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures.
- Financial audit preparation and cooperation with the audit process.
- Guide non-financial functional areas through accounting rationale and impact on reporting and control.
- Provides recommendations for process improvements in reporting and analysis.
- Provides excellent customer service to all external and internal departments.
- Builds successful partnerships with key internal customers and cross functional teams.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of accounting, financial audit, or financial analysis experience
- Associate’s degree and 3 years of accounting, financial audit, or financial analysis experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven track record in problem analysis with the ability to creatively and proactively problem solve.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of accounting and finance concepts, principles and practices, and the ability to apply them.
- Solid analytical and technical accounting skills.
- Demonstrated critical attention to detail.
- Demonstrated time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications with solid experience in Excel.
- Working knowledge of financial systems such as PeopleSoft or AS400.
- Data warehouse experience.
- Working knowledge of SQL.