Negotiates, drafts, edits and logs statements of work and other contracts, as directed by Manager of Contracting or designated supervisor.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Draft and edits SOWs and other contracts supporting services engagements.
- Log SOWs and other documents in assignment database(s).
- Load and update SOW-related materials into SOW management sites.
- Negotiate SOWs and other contracts according to departmental negotiation guidelines and procedures.
- Provide training and advice to stakeholders and Program Sales Coworkers regarding SOW terms, SOW processing procedures, and negotiation strategies, as directed by Manager of Contracting or designated supervisor.
- Address other issues, as they arise, related to SOWs and services contracting.
- Various, assigned on an as needed basis
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of contracts-related and/or editorial experience
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to recognize and address both business and legal risks and opportunities
- Excellent oral and written communications; facility with legal terms and phrasing
- Abilities to multi-task, to perform well under tight time constraints, to meet hard deadlines, and to respond quickly to emergent issues with poise and composure
- Applicant should demonstrate solid attention to detail and a penchant for accuracy
- Ability to understand opposing points of view on highly complex issues and to negotiate and integrate different viewpoints
- A diplomatic and professional approach to business contacts
- Proficiency with PC; command of MS Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and Outlook
- Ability to make informal presentations, provide training and advice regarding SOW terms, SOW processing procedures, and negotiation strategies, as directed by Manager of Contracting or designated supervisor
- Juris Doctorate preferred
- 3 to 4 years of contracts-related and/or editorial experience