The Delivery Manager will lead technology projects from conception to execution, including gathering of business and system requirements, management of software design and development activities including: the development and maintenance of the project work plan and project schedule; budget tracking; conducting status meetings; developing status reports; tracking issues; and assisting with change control. In additional, the Delivery Manager will serve as business area liaison to understand the functions of that area and act as a primary contact for managing new project requests. This role is guided by CDW’s project management methodology.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to clarify requirements and business objectives, as well as acquire necessary commitments and approvals.
- Gather and prepare supporting analysis and design documentation from a business perspective.
- Maintain current understanding and knowledge of project management, business relationship management, and development best practices.
- Manage projects according to the CDW project management methodologies.
- Facilitate requirements gathering utilizing facilitated focus sessions, one-on-one interviews, and job shadowing.
- Derive a detailed understanding of the stated business problem and objectives and work with stakeholders to solve problems and achieve objectives.
- Develop high-level system narratives, use cases, and storyboards
- Coordinate the development of the detailed functional design specifications for use by the technical team.
- Work with QA team to develop system test plans, ensure software quality assurance (SQA) standards are achieved, and validate that business goals are accomplished.
- Develop detailed estimates, schedules for projects, including resource allocation, timelines, budgets, and business cases.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business\Economics, or a related field – or demonstrated, equivalent/practical knowledge or experience.
- 3 years Project Management Experience, including evaluation and estimation of high-risk initiatives, working under project management methodology.
- 3 years of experience focusing on IT technologies.
- Track record of identifying and documenting business needs
- Excellent written and verbal and communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with and present to stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively facilitate meetings.
- Demonstrated analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- History of managing project teams, delegating work, holding team members accountable and proactively overcoming obstacles.
- Advanced modeling techniques experience, including software, system, and data
- Demonstrated ability to influence stakeholders for a positive outcome.
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Project Management certifications
- Business Process Transformation experience