The IT Analyst role leads business and functional requirements gathering activities, business solution design, systems analysis and will collaborate with the data and analytics engineering. This role also designs, documents, measures and optimizes key business processes. In addition the IT Analyst role will lead activities that focus on business and functional requirements gathering and in-depth data analysis. This role will administer all aspects of CDW’s Data Governance (DG) process as well as serve as lead analyst for issues related to data standards and data policies. This IT Analyst is guided by the CDW IT project management methodology in development of requirement specifications for IT projects.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Collaborate with stakeholders to clarify project requirements and business objectives and acquire commitments.
- Decompose business problems quickly and work with the project team to determine the root cause and provide solution alternatives.
- Derive a detailed understanding of the stated business problem and objectives and work with the stakeholder and technical team toward resolution to achieve the objectives.
- Plan and facilitate requirements gathering utilizing focus sessions, one-on-one interviews, and job shadowing.
- Utilize advanced modeling techniques to develop high-level system narratives, presentations, storyboards, use cases and user interface prototypes.
- Serve as a conduit/broker for cross-functional collaboration & knowledge sharing.
- Perform quantitative & qualitative analysis to help justify the investment necessary to deliver a solution.
- Build credibility and trust across stakeholder groups.
- Gather and prepare supporting analysis and design documentation from a business perspective.
- Assist with alignment of project objectives and solutions to organizational business strategies and objectives.
- Develop strong internal relationships with key stakeholders and subject-matter experts across the organization.
- Act as an active contributor to process improvement by remaining current in software engineering best practices.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or an IT related field or equivalent experience
- 3 years’ experience in identifying and documenting business needs and specifications utilizing business analysis and system design techniques.
- 3 years of work experience in an analytical position
- Working knowledge of requirements gathering software support, data mining tools, Microsoft Office applications, as well as CA Clarity and BI tools – ProClarity, Cognos, Agile, collaboration tools (e.g. Product Plan, Team, TFS, Jira, Confluence).
- Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information.
- Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology.
- Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize.
- Ability to apply common sense in performing job.
- Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Demonstrated work experience in process definition including facilitation, process documentation, change control, and process improvement.
- Successful track record of facilitating and leading meetings, tailoring messages to the given audience.
- Experience in evaluating information, identifying risks and opportunities, while possessing creative problem-solving skills with an understanding of business concepts and models.
- Proven elicitation and facilitation skills of project and system requirements.
- Demonstrated negotiation and persuasion skills, with the ability to enable win-win resolutions
- Excellent written and verbal and communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Critical attention to detail and solid creative problem-solving skills.