Where do you want to go in your career? Whatever and wherever that is, you'll find it at CDW. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together—and we always have your back. As a UX Designer, you'll be trusted to deliver a best-in-class digital experience in an environment that is energetic and collaborative. CDW is a place where we aspire every day to be better than we were yesterday.
As an UX Designer you will design, develop and maintain creative designs for CDW web sites. .In this role, you will translate ideas into a visual look and feel that communicates the CDW brand while considering and applying technical and user needs into final User Interface designs
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Drive design from initial concept through final implementation, work collaboratively with team members to translate project requirements into meaningful interactive experiences
- Use diverse inputs —e.g., product leadership, market analysis, customer feedback, metrics, and usability findings — to identify and define new concepts and solutions to customer problems
- Make smart tradeoffs between rapid prototyping to test our hypotheses vs. longer-term design systems that will serve as a foundation for our best-in-class customer experience.
- Partner with development teams to build experiences and review finished products throughout the development lifecycle, maintaining a high bar for design and execution
- Concept, lead and participate in user-centered research with customers through focus groups, usage analysis, and rapid prototyping.
- Negotiating design implementation with stakeholders to ensure decision-making is focused on delivering customer and business value.
- Contribute to experience design and delivery through collaboration on research and usability testing activities.
- User-centered design methods to craft industry-leading user experiences—from concept to execution.
- Envision how people experience our products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined, and even magical.
- Teaming collectively to achieve common objectives by sharing knowledge, suspending assumptions, and ‘thinking together’. You complement each other’s skills for group problem solving and learning.
- Maintain continuous contact with all internal and external stakeholders through the project and after completion making sure features are delivered with high quality and on time.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years of demonstrated experience in creating and implementing UX design
- 3 years of demonstrated experience creating and implementing UX design
Other Required Qualifications
- Working experience in CSS, Interface and Web Application Development
- Demonstrated understanding of HTML
- A stellar portfolio that demonstrates breadth of cross-platform work, a strong design process, and problem-solving skills
- Proven experience working on product design or digital experiences that exist in the real world
- Advanced knowledge of relevant industry tools including but not limited to XD, Figma, Axure, Adobe Creative Suite, and Adobe Experience Manager
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Able to handle fast-paced work in a dynamic and fast-moving environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership
- Proven track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously and negotiating work flow, while meeting deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively and concise using a variety of styles and techniques appropriate to the audience
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 10% or as necessary to other CDW locations