CDW is looking for a Digital Content Strategist who is not just passionate about content but who values the entire user experience, online and off. We’re seeking someone with a creative, curious mind, who enjoys being challenged and working in a collaborative, data-driven environment. Exceptional writing skills are a must, but we’re also looking for a proactive, detail-oriented individual with proven experience executing successful content projects and marketing campaigns. You’ll be working in an Agile environment with UX, Analytics and Marketing teams to drive our content strategy across multiple channels through ideation, user research and A/B testing.
The Program Manager oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of an ongoing program including planning, organizing, leading and controlling program activities while delivering a superior customer experience.
Key Areas of Responsibility
The Program Manager performs a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
Planning the Program
- Plan the delivery of the overall program and its activities in alignment with the organization’s strategy and priorities
- Develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the program.
- Develop an annual budget and operating plan to support the program.
- Develop a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement.
- Develop funding proposals for the program to ensure the continuous delivery of services.
- Support development of department goals and plans, while tracking program success and/or suggesting corrective action based on data
Organizing the Program
- Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization.
- Ensure that program activities comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards.
- Develop forms and records to document program activities.
Leading the Program
- Communicate with clients and other stakeholders to gain community support for the program and to solicit input to improve the program.
- Liaise with other managers and partners to ensure the effective and efficient program delivery.
- Coordinate the delivery of services among different program activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
Controlling the Program
- Write reports on the program for management and key stakeholders.
- Ensure that the program operates within the approved budget.
- Monitor and approve all budgeted program expenditures.
- Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure that all financial records for the program are up to date.
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control the risks.
- Monitor the program activities on a regular basis and recommend changes to enhance the program, as appropriate.
Responsibilities by Sub-Function
Digital Content Strategy
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to create, edit and manage digital content to deliver engaging online experiences that are closely aligned to campaign strategy and traffic drivers
- Edits existing content and creates original content that delights users and aligns to both the brand voice of CDW and that of our vendor partners; content contributions can include landing pages, email and social media copy, banner advertising, and site messaging
- Collaborates with Analytics, Insights and UX teams to understand user content needs by customer buying persona and past buying behavior, segment, and place within the overall purchase journey
- Collaborates with UX team on ideation and user research through interviews, user testing, and A/B testing
- Provides content direction and microcopy for key site experiences
- Leads efforts to identify new content opportunities, repurpose existing content, and surface other creative ways to create more meaningful user experiences and efficient processes to meet user and search optimization needs.
- Works within cross-functional Agile team to create project plan, manage delivery expectations and ensure timely product launch
- Ensures online experiences meets user, business and customer expectations and KPI objectives
- Works closely with Analytics team to monitor performance and test content; proactively recommends and executes strategies for post-launch optimization
- Presents clear, concise content strategies that help stakeholders make informed decisions about content.
Other Required Qualifications
Demonstrated knowledge of technology product offerings and solutions
Proven record of successful project management and organizational skills
Proficient with Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
Experience with sales productivity tools
Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the company including Senior Leadership
Demonstrated ability to analyze data and conduct primary research
Experience in developing or utilizing strategic sales campaigns
Proven track record in developing and maintaining strategic relationships
Ability to multitask and be adaptable in a fast-changing environment.
Digital Content Strategy
2 years working in a content management system (AEM preferred)
3 years writing and editing content for an online audience (B2B preferred)
2 years proofreading experience (familiarity with AP style guide preferred)
4 years web production experience
Ability to craft compelling, original content and synthesize existing content to drive customer traffic, entice readers to take action, and meet project and business needs.
Demonstrated knowledge of SEO best practices and how to implement into Marketing strategy
Demonstrated experience in using data and user research to enhance online experiences
Knowledge of CDW Sales organization and Sales process
Digital Content Strategy
Familiarity with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), Adobe Analytics, and Adobe
Prior experience working closely with UI/UX to conduct user research and conceive/deliver online content
Familiarity with Design Thinking and Agile processes
Basic understanding of HTML/CSS