The Configuration Technician II is responsible for performing complex enterprise installs that include software, hardware and network configurations. This position collaborates with vendors to resolve configuration issues.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Install, configure and upgrade operating systems and software, using standard business applications as well as CDW’s proprietary software packages.
- Install, assemble and configure computers, network infrastructure components such as rack enclosures and related hardware; pull, rewire and label cables inside rack enclosures.
- Troubleshoot problems with computer systems, including hardware, software, network and peripheral equipment.
- Configure and test every system to ensure 100% quality.
- Communicate with Account Managers and customers regarding their specific network configurations.
- Communicate issues concerning customer orders to the area Help Desk or Supervisor.
- Lift and carry up to 50 pounds of force rarely (0-12%% of the workday).
- Push and pull up to 50 pounds of force occasionally (0-33% of the workday), and 51-75 pounds rarely (0-12% of the workday).
- Eight or more hours of standing, walking, bending, lifting, stooping and carrying products in combination at any given time.
- Complete projects and tasks assigned by management to include assisting team with non enterprise-level builds as required.
- Overtime required as dictated by the business.
- A rotation of one Saturday 8:00am-5:00pm in every four weeks will be required. One Sunday per year may also be required.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- A+ certification or an equivalent combination of education and experience with the ability to demonstrate knowledge.
- Network+ and third certification or an equivalent combination of education and a minimum of two years of experience with the ability to demonstrate knowledge.
Other Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot computer systems and peripherals, as well as identify hardware incompatibilities on multiple platforms.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and update technical documentation for the Enterprise-Level customers.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Aptitude for learning new technology and quickly putting them into practical use.
- Demonstrated ability to perform all of the physical responsibilities listed.
Comfort working in a warehouse environment which includes changes in temperature as weather fluctuates, noise from conveyors and forklifts.
- One of the following Comptia Certifications: Server+, Security+, Linux+.
- Associate’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Two years of work experience on network hardware or software.
- Demonstrated customer service and sales skills.
- Basic knowledge of CDW’s internal systems including order status inquires and updating order comments